My first full gold (and first return) in same day

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a couple local beaches today. First one I arrived to see the cuts shown below but no targets around or under them. Thankfully found some pockets here and there for over 60 coins. One big junk ring. Got excited hearing the thud in the scoop and seeing the gold color but just junk. Then off to beach #2. no cuts here but found an area with some clad. Down by the water line my detector screamed and up by some kelp was a phone. 5 minutes later and the sea would have taken it as tide was coming in. A few minutes later it rang I answered and it was the daughter of the owner. Her mom was able to get back down to the beach in 15 minutes and was happy and thankful I found her phone before the sea took it. After this good deed karma kicked in and a few targets later hit a signal. Out pops the religious item pictured below. Not marked but once home it tested good for 14k. It is tiny only 1 gram. This is my first full gold. I have gotten a 18k and plat ring, and a plat ring. But now have gotten my first gold. pictured is todays haul too. Conditions not great but put some time in and getting targets. Hopefully the larger tides erode out more gold.

Attachments

• cut at beach.jpg
    cut at beach.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 326
  • finds 1-27.jpg
    finds 1-27.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 324
  • first gold 1 gram.jpg
    first gold 1 gram.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats on the gold & large amount of coin finds, MTJ!

The medallion is beautiful!

Lorraine

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well done!!

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were rewarded for your kindness instead of keeping the phone out of greed :icon_thumright:

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She was one lucky lady. It's really a bummer to come up on a dropoff that and find NADA! :BangHead: :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread