collectorconor

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euroace
Teknetics EuroTek Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all well I went out to a local field yesterday metal detecting, over 20 degrees Celsius (quite warm) and wasn't expecting to find anything. Ive never found anything REALLY good, nothing to write home about, but little did I know when I got an iffy signal in the 50's on my Teknetics eurotek pro, that all that was about to change. Mind you the IRON cursor was flashing every now and then.
I dug a hole, zoned down to a little clump of earth, and what I saw made my freeze for like 5 minutes!!! Did I just unearth, after a year PLUS of metal detecting, a gold half sovereign? I saw it was dated 1912 (George V ) and that's funny because my uncle gave me a SOVEREIGN dated 1912 a few yrs ago. I had a feeling that good find was coming!!! Boy was I happy!!! I rung my mum straight away and told her, she couldn't believe it!
Stayed for about another hour (maybe id get more :tongue3:) and then went home. It is 22 carat gold. My first piece of gold ever and its a coin! GET IN!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::laughing7::laughing7:
137_0120.JPG 137_0116.JPG

Upvote 25

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a real 22K beauty! Congrats !

Top Member Reactions