My first Gold COLORED coin and a lucky ring on this fine day

partenr

Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Washington State
Detector(s) used
White's Classic II
Against my better judgement I spent some time time in the park today rather than working on our website. I made a flower (complete with sun) out of my finds in honor of anyone who wasn't able to make it out today.

When I saw that gold colored coin in the dirt I just about had a heart attack. I didn't know Canadian Dollar coins were gold colored!! I stuck it in my pocket and started walking away...til I looked more closely at it. It is a beautiful coin, but not MADE of gold.

Roughly $3.80 in clad. A very cool ring that has Chinese writing (Kanji) on one side and the word LUCK scribed on the other side. I cannot tell what the stamp on the inside of the band says. If anyone has seen one of these, I'm a little curious about its origin.

Attachments

• 070321.JPG
    070321.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 324
  • 070321CA_dollar.JPG
    070321CA_dollar.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 324
  • 070321ring_kanji.JPG
    070321ring_kanji.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 322
  • 070321ring_luck.JPG
    070321ring_luck.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 320
Upvote 0

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
The Canadian $1.00 coin, (loonie), hasn't been around that long, but some are still worth money even though they're fairly recent. Depends on year and mint marks, if any.

I couldn't make out the markings inside the ring and I don't read cantonese, or manderine, (whichever that is on the outside). But if you want to look for similar marks on one of these web pages, they might help you find out what that says.
Chinese silver marks:
http://www.925-1000.com/chinex_marks.html
Chinese porclain marks, which I understand are similar:
http://www.gotheborg.com/
(Just click on "marks" on the left.)

Or, maybe someone else here knows?

F.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Great day! $3.80 in clad is a nice amount! I bet the ring surprised you!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the way you arranged your finds into a flower and the sun. Neato, Partenar! Consider that ring as a good luck token to be taken with you on MDing trips. ;)

:D RR

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey you did good man!!!... I sure can't help with the ring though. Good luck to ya!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread