***MY FIRST GOLD***

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA
OK Ok well Technically my wife's but hey...

Today 1/22/06 I took the family to a reservoir that has a beach, Thought it would be fun for the kids...

Started detecting the grass with my old bounty hunter first when my wife hit a (foil) signal with my old bounty huntersharp shooter 2, of course I had to dig it and only just under the grass was a gold cross, nice and heavy too. also found a lot of junk and half a nut cracker.

We hit the beach my Daughter(7) and son(9) found the jeep with there Bounty hunter Quicksilver.
And my wife and i just hit some clad and a gazillion hair pins (Who still uses them?), lots of pull tabs a tank, and a heavy silver necklace pendant with red white and blue.

I got my waders on and hit the water with my Fisher 1280x (cold Brrrr) and got a little clad, a silver earing, and a strange hair clip.
After all of this I was told by the park ranger that this beach gets hunted pretty heavy by 7 other MD's....well then I guess it wasn't to bad a day...

Attachments

• misc detecting3 008.jpg
    misc detecting3 008.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 709
  • misc detecting3 009.jpg
    misc detecting3 009.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 704
  • misc detecting3 010.jpg
    misc detecting3 010.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 685
  • misc detecting3 004.jpg
    misc detecting3 004.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 707
Upvote 0
M

mchamby

I'd say you and your family found some neat stuff and you had a good quality day out with them. Always nice to have a hunting partner. :) keep up the good work.
Mchamby

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
gold is where you find it... congratulations... ;D
now...tell us where that swimming hole is located?
would you?

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Alright T,who get's the Jeep and who get's the tank?Cross is sweet,most likely the wife will hold claim to that.Sound's like you all had a good day .Keep swingin' and HH!!

OP
OP
TnT2000

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA
Thanks all for the great comments..

My wife and I are taking a trip to the beach on the 3rd and 4th and should be fun.

I found the above stash at Beltzville state park.. Northeast Pa.

PS... My son gets the tank....he he...

SNOWY

Mar 14, 2005
Melbourne Australia
Detector(s) used
E-Trac; Coiltek Joey, SunrayX1, X5, X12, Tejon,Corte's
What a great family day out Tnt2000.

Days such as this make the memories you won't forget...

Very nice finds too ! 8)

Snowy

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, HH

R

rvbvetter

Very nice finds!!
What is it with women and jewelry? Bought my first wife a detector, and first time out she finds a white gold ring with 3 nice diamonds. I guess if they can't find it, it will find them.
Sounds like you had a good family time. WTG!!! HH

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a great day for your family. Wish I could get my wife to hunt. That would be great. Can't wait to hit the water, mmmmmmmmmmmmm I might have to get some of those wadders, since the lakes here in ohio aren't froze. Great Finds!! HH, Ringfinder

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful cross TnT!

Great finds! Congrats!!

;)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
That's a very nice group of finds, WTG!!!
Good luck to you, and your family, Happy hunting~

johny mc.

May 18, 2005
TnT- nice collection of stuff and great that the family likes to detect.My wife likes it but kids only detect at the beach cause they use the quarters at the arcade....pretty smart,uh.....oh and nice cross...worth some money.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread