MY FIRST GOOD FIND..2 CENTS

May 22, 2010
SUSQUEHANNA PENNSYLVANIA
Detector(s) used
250 ACE
well ive heard of begginers luck, but never really experienced it myself till this weekend,,,this was only my second time out detecting but now i really have the bug.. most of what ive found is junk, of course becuz im digging everything being a begginer,,but i did find this two cent piece about 6 inched down and couldnt be any happier with it.......ive been wanting to start treasure hunting most of my life, considering my father has been doing it for over 40 years.. just never worked out between working nonstop and raising two kids it seemed like id never get the time,, well no more excuses, the kids are 18 and 20 now and we no longer have the old ball and chain holding us back,lol, so maybe now i can get out there and have some more fun with pop..

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 979
  • my coin.jpg
    my coin.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 977
Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o :o That is the way to start out ..Welcome to T-Net and what a great two center ! 1864-1873 can U see a date ??? :headbang: CMDdawg

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Not to bad at all!!! great first good find for sure.

Welcome to the world of tresure hunting!!!

arthur

Attachments

• orson.gif
    orson.gif
    188.7 KB · Views: 938
  • orson.gif
    orson.gif
    188.7 KB · Views: 943

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
My first time out I found a gold earring an a sterling silver tree of life ring... 2nd time out I found 2 large cents a silver quarter an a merc dime a few wheat pennies... I never found a 2 center yet so your doing better then me ..I think...

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find :icon_thumright: i can just see a date 1873 i enlarged the photo Good hunt Dd60

Attachments

• 1873 2 cent.jpg
    1873 2 cent.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 594

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Deepdiger60 said:
Good find :icon_thumright: i can just see a date 1873 i enlarged the photo Good hunt Dd60

that's a great way to start! congrats.
if it is an 1873, then you've got the key date for the series, and a coin that was never intended for circulation.

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
Woo Hoo SR! That's awesome, You're going to LOVE this hobby, I promise you that. And between you and me, you can get about 10G's for your 18 year old, I sold all three of my kids for new equipment........oh stop your booing, it's a lil' humor, actually just bought my 28 y.o. daughter a detector and should arrive tomorrow with my NEW M6! I'm so glad she's showing an interest!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find for a newbie. Hope there are many more for you. Ron in IL.

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most excellent find!! especially for a :newbie: congrats on a great find! and good luck out there, looking forward to seeing more of your posts. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions