My First Hunt Ever and Suggestions for my MD purchase.

Deep_Diggler

Greenie
May 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I ran around my hometown and hunted a couple of spots. I've never hunted before and rented a White's 5900/Di PRO SL. Being my first time, I wasn't too concerned with only finding coins. When I hit signal, I dug :) What I would hope to do for the future is hunt these sites and find some old coins.

Coins are not old, but I think the spots are promising. One item not shown is an old met lid that was a good 10" underground.

My next dilemma is buying a detector. I've researched on the following and all are within my budget. I don't want to spend again soon and believe in spending till it hurts to reduce buyers remorse. Opinions and brand loyalty seem very prevalent on this site, but I would appreciate any feedback!

Garrett AT PRO - $595
Garrett GTI PRO - $935
Fisher F75 - $1099
Minelab E-trac $1550
White's MXT Pro - $900
White's Spectra V3i - $1500

I had a lot of fun and was pleased to discover the usefulness of these machines!

Hunt_2013_05_11.jpg

Attachments

• Hunt_2013_05_11.jpg
    Hunt_2013_05_11.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 219
Upvote 1

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites all the way !! If you call direct ya might get them to throw in the carrying case and head phones ...plus the bucks !!Act like your gonna buy it now, worked for me =ED

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did my research I picked the Whites MXT, since I got mine and figured out what it was telling me, which I might add is not complicated. I feel I made the right decision for me. Flip a switch to what I am looking for and go to hunting!! I looked into a XP DEUS after I got more familiar with my present model, and kinda thought I would like one of those also. But have stuck with the one I presently have. But if I was on the other side of the world digging the stuff they dig..... I think I would have to have one.

OP
OP
D

Deep_Diggler

Greenie
May 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just order my e-trac from Bart!! It's going to be a long week until it gets here! Maybe I'll get to mowing some sites this weekend and I hope to have some good fines to post soon!

Last edited:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DD, everyone has an opinion about detectors. You can get a used F75 for about $650. Ask Buckleboy & bhodge about the easy learning curve. If you are going to strictly coin hunt, you can get a detector that may be better in trash but the F75 is great for relic hunting. About half the finds on my profile page were found with the F75 & the rest with my old Fisher 1266-X. Talk to local hunters and see what works in the soil best where you will do most of your hunting & good luck, Quindy.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever machine is chosen I cannot stress enough that the REAL trick is to LEARN your machine! Understand what it's trying to tell you!!

Good choice, hope it works for you.

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread