mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went detecting with Whitesid and his dad at a park we were at a week before where we found a couple indian cents and some other coins. First coin of the day was another Indian cent found by white's dad. We figured we were in a section of park that hunters might have frequented at one time by all the older coins and spent ammo we were finding. I recovered a corroded buffalo nickel followed by a shield nickel a short time later and then spent the next couple hours finding very little.Went back to where Whites and his dad were finding some good stuff earlier and worked the area real slow. Got a faint signal but lost the signal in the removed dirt. Almost gave up and refilled the hole but rescanned one more time and picked it up again. Picked up a coin no bigger then my small fingernail and turned it over to see a roman numeral 3.Found my first 3 cent piece,not in the greatest condition, but my first! ;DIt's an 1858.
A little after that, Kevin's dad gets a good signal and recovers a 1914 dime with a full liberty.
I'm sure there's more there but we left because of other commitments. Thanks for reading.HH-MM2

Attachments

• DSCN3178.JPG
    DSCN3178.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,483
  • DSCN3177.JPG
    DSCN3177.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,490
  • DSCN3178.JPG
    DSCN3178.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,483
  • DSCN3177.JPG
    DSCN3177.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,478
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shawano~

Apr 3, 2009
SWMI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Fisher CZ20
Congrats Mountainman!!! This is on my wish list to find. WTG!!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful find, MM :icon_thumright: CONGRATS!!

:wink: RR

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o That one's still on my wish list. Sounds like you all had a great time!!! Congrats on that first!! :notworthy:

Nana

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mountainman 2 said:
ggossage said:
What kind of signal did you get? Bottlecap, pulltab, penney...? Great find! Congrats!
Thanks.My machine's display isn't working correctly. I set my classic id to the iron range and depended more on the audio signal. I increased the discrimination setting over a target until i lost the signal, dug anything that seemed to register slightly above iron. Found some interesting non coin items and some larger iron.The penny is for size reference.
So is that a lever action off a rifle? Looks like log cabin nails with the rail road spike. You had a great hunt. What state was your hunt in? Thanks for sharing.
TnMountains

M

michigan michael

Very cool recovery! What made you rescan the hole after you filled it? Sure glad you did! that is a beaute! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is that a lever action off a rifle? Looks like log cabin nails with the rail road spike. You had a great hunt. What state was your hunt in? Thanks for sharing.
TnMountains
[/quote]Yes,i don't know the age of it though.The nails were found at the same depth and area as the 3 center.The hunt was in Northern NJ.
MEMORIAL MAGNET said:
Very cool recovery! What made you rescan the hole after you filled it? Sure glad you did! that is a beaute! :icon_thumleft:
Thanks,something just told me to recheck it.I guess it's the same thing that draws us to a certain section of a field because of a gut feeling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread