Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My First "LARGE CENT"

Another Illinois MD'ER ( DP BOB ) called me Saturday and asked if I could help look for some keys his niece
lost at a campground. They were not lost at a site but out in some open area. Went out to hunt for the keys
and I didn't let any good targets slip by. Dug some clad, tabs, other keys and copper parts yesterday and
one REAL nice target today only an inch down. Still haven't found her keys yet and will continue to keep trying.
Thanks for looking. DFW

DSCN0381.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0382.JPG
    DSCN0382.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 771
  • DSCN0387.JPG
    DSCN0387.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 782
  • DSCN0385.JPG
    DSCN0385.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 779
  • DSCN0381.JPG
    DSCN0381.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 772
  • DSCN0382.JPG
    DSCN0382.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 787
  • DSCN0387.JPG
    DSCN0387.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 784
  • DSCN0385.JPG
    DSCN0385.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 781
Upvote 0
Re: My First "LARGE CENT"

Congratulations on your first large cent. My first one was a smooth green 1817 Matron head that you could barely make out a date. I was stunned that something so old was lost for so long and that I had recovered it. Of course with its poor condition that coin really has no value to anyone but me, but its still one of my all time favorite finds. I still remember the excitement of finding it like it was yesterday. I hope you find another one really soon!

Awesome finds Congratulations!!
TTH

WTG. Congrats on your first large cent. still waiting for mine to pop out.

and a nice first large cent it is

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

That's much nicer than my first one. I couldn't see any detail at all on my first--not even enough to attribute the Type.

Cheers,

Buckleboy

Congrats on your first. Looks like 1853. :icon_thumleft:

Congrats !!! Great first LC :headbang: You never forget your first girl , & Welcome to the " big copper seekers " !! :icon_pirat: CMDdawg

Great Finds!!
rare to get one in that good condition!
One of my first was also 1853! A Great Year !!
Congrats & HH, Herbie.

and a good first one too..WTG

Thanks to all who posted and read my post. It is a 1853, in all my excitement I forgot
to post the date. HH DFW

Welcome to the Large Cent Club :icon_thumright:. You will always remember that large cent. I still remember my first largie, 1837. I have add quite a few since then and I hope you do the same. The feeling gets even better the older they are.

Keep'em Swinging

Welcome to the CLUB! I have dug 5 or 6 Large Cents and yet I know people who have been detecting twice as long as I have who have never found one. This is a very exclusive club. :hello2:

awesome awesome find! have to be careful hunting with dp surprised he didnt club ya and run off with it!!

;) haha jk.. bob is a great guy (had the pleasure of hunting with him last weekend when he was down here around the peoria area).

Again, very awesome find! maybe someday I will find something other than clad!

neil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back