My first Mercury dime find

jmb2email

Apr 14, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO 12" coil, DD 10" coil, 5.3 coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I've been getting pretty bummed about not finding any cool dimes and the last 4-5 days I've hit 2 nice finds (for me). On July 6th I stopped into a dozen banks while on vacation about 4 hours away from my home town and picked up a lot of customer rolled dimes and nickels. These were all very dirty coins, green and crusty... I'm guessing maybe they were in a fountain or water of some kind. Maybe a local mall or something where folks toss loose coins into it. Either way, I found a few 50's nickels but it was extremely slow going trying to read the dates. I was very frustrated when opening up my last roll of dimes, thinking "this sucks" but insisting that I check every one of 'em. about half way through the roll and BAM... i see it clear as day "1957". My very first silver dime find. I was pumped.

Now, after several really long work days and itching to hunt, I decided to peak through my youngest son's piggy bank we have been dumping coins into for the last 3 years. I get through about $8 in clad and BAM... my very first Mercury dime! 1941. :hello2:

I am pretty pumped as I've also found 2 wheaties (48 & 56D) a lot of coppers, a few uncirculated, and even a double edged 73 penny.

Still hunting, just had to list my first dime finds since I started "really" collecting this year.

GL and HH,
JMB

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread