My First Mercury Dime!

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
I know to you east coasters a mercury dime doesn't sound like too much, but to find one on a California beach was not an easy task for me. I guess it is because a year ago my friend Jim and I went detecting on the same beach, he found a mercury dime I didn't. That is where it all started and today I finally got what I was looking for. Next, maybe a Buffalo?

Attachments

• My 1st mercury dime.JPG
    My 1st mercury dime.JPG
    1.8 KB · Views: 208
Upvote 0

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yeah, I'm with you, darn east coasters with all their mercury dimes...
Nice dgis!

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Hey! Gotta find the first one before there are more in your hand. Good job. Maybe you'll run across somethin from the Brother Jonathan Treasure Ship Wreck. It's along a California beach someplace & someone's gotta find some of that loot. Congrats. Spotz

Trevor43

Greenie
Oct 27, 2004
I usually have to knock the Mercurys out of the way to get at the hard to find pull tabs here in Va.

Detecting Fool

Jan 9, 2005
Stillwater, NY - Home of the Battle of Saratoga
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore starting June 2023
Minelab Equinox 800
Prior to 2020 - Whites VX3, XLT, Spectrum XLT, 6000di and 1DB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whats the date on the dime? And for the record, us east coaster might be finding the older coins for the most part, but you gotta admit, the west coast mint marks (S, D and CC) are the rarer coins and there more valuable.

Anthony

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember my 1st silver dime-- it was a 48 roosie in an old park in Midland MI (otherwise known as) DOW CHEMICAL USA :o

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
ooo- I rember my first 1940 d i think i was sooooo excited! oh yeah! Great find my heartiest congrats!! HH CS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions