My first mildstone reached! Or is it milestone?

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
That's great ! More than double of what I got this year. I'll bet I went through more coins too.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the milestone GS!!! You ARE da man!! That is a load of silver no doubt. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Your having a great year.....let's hope this trend continues through the 2nd half. Good luck and keep em coming GS.

Just curious what the 40% to 90% ratio is on the halves? Just curious.

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
mostly 40%ers LJ but I have found my fare share of the 90's as well. I will have to report back to you with some numbers to add to your tracking list.

Golden Silver

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Golden Silver

Those are real good numbers

based on your statement.

2072 / 6 monthes = 345 per month.

$96,572 / 6 monthes = $16,095 per month or $3696 a week for 26 weeks. or 7.4 boxes a week....

I think you got my totals beat but I search twice that much....... ?

You are in a good area.... Keep up the good work....... HH

Mojo

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
mojo- Thanks for the breakdown. It is not just my area though. You had to factor in the month when I went on road trips every three days for a month. Each time I was pulling in well over a hundred silver halves and a few times broke the 200 mark. Otherwise if I was looking through just boxes I would be a ways away from my goal. Here is too two thousand more that is my goal by years end.

Golden Silver

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
golden silver said:
Here is too two thousand more that is my goal by years end.

Golden Silver
Race ya! I'm on par with last years totals and surprisingly that is with 12 boxes less/wk sorting, some of my competition must have fell off the rollercoaster. HH Mark

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Ok Silver stripe you are on. I will post my weekly totals if you will do the same. I love competition. What are you at for totals right now?

Golden Silver

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
That's an average of 21 per box. ALthough as you said, many were not from boxes, but road trips. Still - amazing. Since I'm averaging one silver per five boxes or so for the year, I'm obviously not that far up the scale. My GOAL is 100 - 40% silver's for the year. I'm at 71 YTD. Also 100 NIFC, and I'm at 68 so far. But I have 27 Benjamin halves (20 in one roll a teller saved for me early in the year) and that compares to 2 for 2008 and 0 for 2007, so it's been a good year for me for Bens.

I'm not doing boxes, but when I pick up my penny boxes I pick up loose halves, and still have more succes there than boxes anyway.

Let's see if you get to 4,000 before I get to 100. LOL. Hey, it's apples to oranges, but we don't GROW oranges (or silver) around here. ;D

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
golden silver said:
Ok Silver stripe you are on. I will post my weekly totals if you will do the same. I love competition. What are you at for totals right now?

Golden Silver
Just halves? 2655 in halves. Starting tomarrow we'll race to 2000 more, I'll post weekly totals Sunday nights. Need a spreadsheet, PM me an email address and I'll send you the one I use. Let the games begin. HH Mark

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Silver Stripe,

Before we jump off the deep end here how many days a week do you hunt? I am limmitted to a couple of days a week. Just wondering. Also not just talking about halves because halves are not always good in my area I supplement with dimes. So I am talking silver coins. Let me know what you think. You are already ahead of me with 2,600 something. That is amaizing.

Golden Silver

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
You are doing real good for a few days a week hunting. May be better to race ourselves. My goal is 1Koz (my sig shows where I'm at, first # YTD- second since 7/17/07), last year I got 920 cause of a one month sabatical. Its just friendly comp- not like were betting anything of substance besides bragging rights. As for being ahead you can add 326 to mine for dimes and one lone silver quarter this year. So lets just try to meet our goals. HH Mark

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Yeah I am with you. I don't want to take the fun out of it. Trying to beat you may make me the crazy coin roll hunter that my wife thinks I already am. I would love to see your spread sheet. I am not computer savvy but need to get organized. It would help me a great deal. Good luck getting your 1,000 oz of plata.

Golden Silver

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome and congrats! how many ounces does it come out to?

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golden silver said:
Just passed a mildstone for the year. I passed over 2,000 silver pieces for the year so far. 2,072 to be exact. That is 95% half dollars and the rest dimes. I have searched roughly $96,572 dollars worth of coinage. Not bad for only half way through the year. What do you all think?

Golden Silver

Well, you're doing better than me. I've got 1530 silver out of $147,396.50 as of today. All halves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread