My first Nickel slam (Shield-Liberty-Buffalo-Jefferson)

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
If there was such a thing of a Nickel Slam then I guess this would be the closest to getting one and qualifying, Dug up four deep nickels yesterday (186? Shield-1891 Liberty-192? Buffalo-1940 Jefferson).

I've come close before but one of the four nickels always eluded me, The good part is it happened so fast and before I knew it had my four nickels.

Plus, Almost had my third dime slam..Got the Seated dime, Barber dime and Mercury but the easiest of dimes (Rosie) eluded my Explorer, Fast quick and out of the park in under 3 hours.

Also picked up two vintage cuff links, one was a 2-piece 14K cuff link with only the front portion gold. In all my take yesterday was an 1888 Seated dime, 1898 Barber dime, 1899 Barber dime, 1920 Merc and 18 wheat back pennies and the nickel slam.

Thanks for looking,
Paul (Ca)

Attachments

• DSC00221.JPG
    DSC00221.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 663
Upvote 0

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
wow, great hunt!
nickel slam is quite rare, and to almost get the dime slam as well is stunning.
congrats.

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Paul, you never cease to amaze me with your finds! Congratulations on those stellar digs!!! I can only dream on the day I find my first, seated, shield, liberty, barber, well pretty much all of your finds for the day!!! Thanks for showing us all!!

Kirsten

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That sure gets me excited! Amazing old coins and a bit of irony that the newer one, the Rosie, not even available.

A Spectacular hunt like yours is surely deserving of being on the Banner... for the variety of coins and for the age and all in one hunt.

Yeah, I vote Banner! (You'll have to get a better photo)

I hope more people agree with me. THIS is what detecting is all about IMHO.

HH Joe

OP
OP
Old California

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Thanks for the kind words Kirsten, Joe and Krumb,

Have to admit it was a nice day of hunting and wasn't excepting anything more than maybe a couple of wheat pennies at most, Turned out this spot had been missed by many hunters or they didn't take the time to weed through the masking.

My friend (Denny), He did well and scored an 1893 Barber dime and about 10-12 Wheat back pennies.

Thanks again and may the summer months ahead bring you good health and joy,
Paul (Ca)

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is totally amazing! I get excited when I find a little wheat penny and then I read YOUR post and my jaw drops! Excellent finds!! :icon_thumright:

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
I voted for you to be on the banner as well. To pull seateds, and the nickel grand slam is outrageous!! Congratulations again!!

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is fantastic first time i ever seen a nickle grand slam :icon_thumleft: or ever heard of one you got my Banner vote :thumbsup: Dd50

OP
OP
Old California

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Thanks gang for the kind words and recommending my nickel slam for the banner vote, I feel others more deserving especially those with character are more deserving than I.

Thanks again good freinds,
Paul (Ca)

OP
OP
Old California

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Thanks Teleman and George,

Funny thing is I'm going backwards instead of going forward, Traded off my Explorer SE and went back to my trusted Modified Explorer XS :P

The 12" Pro coil and a secret add on made a difference, Detects as deep or even deeper than the SE.

Thanks again, Paul (Ca)

Attachments

• DSC000911.jpg
    DSC000911.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC00017.JPG
    DSC00017.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 236

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions