CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased an Axiom about ten days ago and took it out for a trial run in the NV desert. I read about the Bogenes settings on another forum. Low threshold and high sensitivity. This setting ran very quiet for me.

I settled on negative 7 threshold and 7 sensitivity or Lucky 7's.

I tried finding my own nugget patch working within a mile or so of claims but no luck for 1-1/2 days. I decided to stop at the Rye Patch placers on the way home. The placers have been hit hard but nobody gets it all. I'm digging all kinds of signals at Rye Patch. Mostly bullet fragments and bits of tin left from the old mining days. Walking back to the truck and just outside of a dense patch of tin cans I get a good signal.
I scratch the surface away and the signal gets better. At 4" or so I'm picking into some rocks. I pull out one of the rocks and stick the nose of the coil in the hole. Sound is hitting that almost overload signal. I pry out the next rock and check the hole again and the signal is gone. I swing over the rock and bingo. The target is there. I grab the rock and it's covered in clay. I use my fingers a pull a gob of the clay off. I run that over the coil and the target is in my hand. I drop the clay ball into my scoop and break it down feeling a chunk in there. I grab the little chunk and run over the coil. Bingo. Got it. I spit on it and see the yellow! My first nugget ever!

Attachments

• IMG_6014.jpeg
    IMG_6014.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6007.jpeg
    IMG_6007.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6006.jpeg
    IMG_6006.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 33

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really cool. Congratulations on the first ... of hopefully many!

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased an Axiom about ten days ago and took it out for a trial run in the NV desert. I read about the Bogenes settings on another forum. Low threshold and high sensitivity. This setting ran very quiet for me.

I tried finding my own nugget patch working within a mile or so of claims but no luck for 1-1/2 days. I decided to stop at the Rye Patch placers on the way home. The placers have been hit hard but nobody gets it all. I'm digging all kinds of signals at Rye Patch. Mostly bullet fragments and bits of tin left from the old mining days. Walking back to the truck and just outside of a dense patch of tin cans I get a good signal.
I scratch the surface away and the signal gets better. At 4" or so I'm picking into some rocks. I pull out one of the rocks and stick the nose of the coil in the hole. Sound is hitting that almost overload signal. I pry out the next rock and check the hole again and the signal is gone. I swing over the rock and bingo. The target is there. I grab the rock and it's covered in clay. I use my fingers a pull a gob of the clay off. I run that over the coil and the target is in my hand. I drop the clay ball into my scoop and break it down feeling a chunk in there. I grab the little chunk and run over the coil. Bingo. Got it. I spit on it and see the yellow! My first nugget ever!
Hooked now! Thanks for sharing.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500

Good on you. 👍
Great feeling isn't it. It's the same every time too, that gold buzz!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on your first nugget, may there be many more.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've decided to simi-retire and I've thought many times on getting a good nugget detector. I've driven along I80 by Rye Patch and basically all up, down back and forth across Nevada more times than I know since 1989. I've thought many of times out there all alone on those lonely roads, there's gotta be nuggets all around that state waiting to be discovered.

DonaldTrump

Tenderfoot
Nov 20, 2023
I've decided to simi-retire and I've thought many times on getting a good nugget detector. I've driven along I80 by Rye Patch and basically all up, down back and forth across Nevada more times than I know since 1989. I've thought many of times out there all alone on those lonely roads, there's gotta be nuggets all around that state waiting to be discovered.
There are still patches that haven't been found yet. Just have to hike a bit to get away and find areas that have never been detected before. I would search the peripheral around these old mining areàs. By that I mean a good distance from the main areas. You may not find something every time but with persistence I think you'll make some nice finds over time.

Also want to keep your eyes on other items of value like mineral specimens, crystals, meteorites, etc.

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are still patches that haven't been found yet. Just have to hike a bit to get away and find areas that have never been detected before. I would search the peripheral around these old mining areàs. By that I mean a good distance from the main areas. You may not find something every time but with persistence I think you'll make some nice finds over time.

Also want to keep your eyes on other items of value like mineral specimens, crystals, meteorites, etc.
“To Retire is to Expire” You should know that quote.

Marino13

Sep 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still remember my first nugget that I found in Birch Creek Alaska at Mic Manns claim (like it was just yesterday)!!! :occasion14:
Nice! So do you think it was dropped by another miner? You'd think if it was naturally in situ there would be more in the general area.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
MKarino13 , No it wasn't dropped this was from metal detecting on a creek bed that was turned over to make sure EVERYTHING was found ! Tesorodeoro , NO , I used the years gold finds to supported my next years trips! BUT I wish I had saved some of it over the years ! :BangHead: :violent1:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MKarino13 , No it wasn't dropped this was from metal detecting on a creek bed that was turned over to make sure EVERYTHING was found ! Tesorodeoro , NO , I used the years gold finds to supported my next years trips! BUT I wish I had saved some of it over the years ! :BangHead: :violent1:
I knew that was the answer, but I was hoping it was hanging from your neck or on your finger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread