My first "old junk" from the farm

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
My first "old junk" from the farm

A month or so into this hobby..finally got out to my Sister and Bro-in-law's farm which I know had been used as a farm for at least 100 years...

Though I only found old Iron and my first Horseshoe (which for some reason I love!) my favorite part was putting the "learning" to use...
Meaning, I told my 10 year old nephew (who is now enthralled with detecting) "see between those two trees..let's start there..I bet we will hear a lot of signals"..

I had no evidence for that other than the way the ground looked and the location of that patch of land..it's great ebcause the longer I do this the more I can just look at a site and know (for the most part) "Hey I bet something used to be there..."

My guess is it was an old barn..but can't wait to get back out there for longer than the 30 minutes we spent!

It's all junk but still VERY fun!

Attachments

• IRONRELICS.jpg
    IRONRELICS.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 278
Upvote 0

ewcoinhunter

Mar 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-Trac and Sun-Ray Probe
Re: My first "old junk" from the farm

Nice finds! Once you get all that stuff out of the way you can find your coins!! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Re: My first "old junk" from the farm

ewcoinhunter said:
Nice finds! Once you get all that stuff out of the way you can find your coins!! :icon_thumright:

I almost knew what i'd be digging by the tone..but I am too scared that Im going to miss osmething if I refuse to dig iron or pull tabs..so

I dig everything

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread