My First Penny Box

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Wheatie-wise, for a $25 box I would say it is a little less than average. But on the other hand finding a wheatie from the "teens", and with a mint mark out of five is outstanding. I find about 1, pre-1929 wheat out of every 10 to 12 I find. And most of those have no mint mark. Nice find!!

Rakattack

Feb 9, 2010
SJ, CA
Iheartmoney said:
I would say it's a bit low. I average 15-23 w/p/b
I average 8-11 wheats per box. Then again, it really depends on what part of the country you live in. I know someone who's gone through 75+ boxes of dimes averaging 3-4 per box with only 2 skunks. I guess some people have all the luck :dontknow:

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
canadians=average
coppers=average (for me i get usually less than 20%, so compared to me pretty good)
wheats=a bit below average ( i average around 8-10 per box/although, the 1918 is a pretty nice find!)
so, i guess u have ur ups and downs, but u probably just got a sour box...i bet ull aver. more per box the more boxes u do.
keep it up and hh!

twinsrule

Dec 26, 2009
Yeah, on the wheaties, some would say its a low average, but mine is just about the same, i got 8 wheaties in my last $50 bag. >:( anyways the teens wheat like said is really nice, i've only found 1 (a 1910) in about 60 wheat cents found. And only 2 or 3 pre 30. So on the oldies, thats really nice!
Canadians, for most people about average, i get an obnoxiously large amount of them, because i like next to Canada's border, so i made a project by trying to see how many rolls i can get from each design. (for queen elizabith, they have changed the design like 5 times since the 50's mostly just in her hair.) I also really enjoy getting the king georges, they're kinda like Canada's wheatie. I'm also almost done filling up a canadian album. Just a few of the very new and olds to go!
Copper sounds right around average too.
hh
twinsrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread