My first privy of the year.

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
I finally caught up with my neighbor yesterday. I told her about the Andrew Jackson button I had found. She was happy I found something and not wasting my time. I asked her about locating and digging the privies on the property. She told me to dig away. I found a spot in the back corner of the yard between a large tree and the fence. As expected I found lots of roots, pane glass, and broken lantern shades. The hole had no built walls. There was a small junk layer at the bottom which was only about 4 feet deep. Everything I found was broken. I found all the pieces of the blue and white cup except for a small piece of the handle. I have to sift the dirt that came out so I should be able to find the missing piece. The small flared lip pontil bottle is full of roots and they made their way out of the bottom. I guess this hole was the first one on the property. I probed beside this hole and found a bigger and deeper hole closer to the house. Old pontil pits are fun to dig but disappointing most of the time. I hope the next hole turns out a little better. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for looking! DD

Attachments

• MVC-747F.JPG
    MVC-747F.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 313
  • MVC-749F.JPG
    MVC-749F.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 331
  • MVC-750F.JPG
    MVC-750F.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 315
  • MVC-751F.JPG
    MVC-751F.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 317

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
The heartbreaker eagle flask >:( >:( >:( Man I hate that! Oh well, you shall get some goods soon. :thumbsup: jgas

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there gotta be something good there..... your in the right age period.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions