My First Quartz Gold Specimen

sierra_ronin

Feb 2, 2015
San Francisco
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here are some pictures of the first quartz gold specimen I discovered near the end of 2013. I was walking down an access road and this little beaut was facing gold side up to greet me. After doing some simple density analysis I found that the specimen has a density very close to the average density of quartz so the gold here is probably only a thin sheet. Still cool though.

I will post more specimens in the near future.

Heavy Pans.

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

Upvote 0

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here are some pictures of the first quartz gold specimen I discovered near the end of 2013. I was walking down an access road and this little beaut was facing gold side up to greet me. After doing some simple density analysis I found that the specimen has a density very close to the average density of quartz so the gold here is probably only a thin sheet. Still cool though.

I will post more specimens in the near future.

Heavy Pans.

View attachment 1114786

View attachment 1114787

View attachment 1114788

:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
S

sierra_ronin

Feb 2, 2015
San Francisco
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That gravel bar on the left side looks like a good spot to sluice...

My partner and I were running material through a sluice on a similar gravel bar down stream. This area happens to have quite a lot of placer claim activity but we found a small gap that is still open. We are trying to get a beat on it.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
My partner and I were running material through a sluice on a similar gravel bar down stream. This area happens to have quite a lot of placer claim activity but we found a small gap that is still open. We are trying to get a beat on it.

Small gap? What area is that if you don't mind me askin?

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Well...if that is the river I think it is...there is no gaps between claims.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Well GoldGreenhorn...now that we got that solved, I bet the guys would love to see more of what you found.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's always fun to find gold on the surface. Somehow, it never gets old.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions