My First Real Post

midirtdevil

Sep 21, 2008
Holland, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all, Chatking here. This is my first time posting since I finally got a camera. It takes crappy pics but hey, at least I can prove my finds now! The wheats are the main thing I hunt, as you can see, they go back to 1911. I cant seem to find any mercs? I find all kinds of clad, I've found some rings, the nicest one is on my girlfriends finger, I'll get a pic of that when she gets home. So until I get a better camera.............. this is what we get, sorry bout the crappy photos :icon_scratch: There is also alot of junk, plus a ring that IS stamped on the inside but I cant identify it.

Well I just identified the ring, it is a vintage "Uncas" ring since it has a "u" with an arrow through it, it also has a "8" stamped next to it.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• my wheats.jpg
    my wheats.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 506
  • Titanium orTungsten.jpg
    Titanium orTungsten.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 510
  • junk!.jpg
    junk!.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 508
  • lighter.jpg
    lighter.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 504
  • uncas ring.jpg
    uncas ring.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0
OP
OP
midirtdevil

midirtdevil

Sep 21, 2008
Holland, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Ya'll. This new hobby keeps me busy. I've actually got another lighter of the sorts buts its a larger chrome one. I will have more posts later.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Hey. Welcome. 8)

Crappy pics are better than no pics. :thumbsup:

Looks like a decent start. I would think a merc should be in your near future.... only thing is that sometimes you can find the wheats but not the silver due to the smaller diameter of the silver and lack of "hallo".

How deep were the wheats?

Bob

MrBling

Aug 12, 2008
North Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI/Garrett Ace 250
You're off to a fine start-that's a good haul of wheats and a nice ring
Anywhere there's a concentration of wheats, you're likely to find some silver-it's just tougher to find
Just keep swinging and the silver will show up

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Well done on the finds! Does your camera have a macro selection? Its usually symboled by a flower on your selection. 8)

OP
OP
midirtdevil

midirtdevil

Sep 21, 2008
Holland, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Johnny Ringo Silver said:
Well done on the finds! Does your camera have a macro selection? Its usually symboled by a flower on your selection. 8)

Yeah I finally figured it out!!! Thanks for the tip!!!! KOD!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread