My first Return....White Gold Wedding Ring....

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received an email from lostmystuff.net about someone needing help finding a lost weeding ring. Jason had lost his White Gold wedding ring in the crawl space under his house while cleaning up trash and moving dirt around to level out the ground a bit. Since Jason is in the process of selling this house, the timeline for him was very important. Once his house is sold, he was afraid his ring was lost forever. He was considering just purchasing another ring when his wife suggested lostmystuff.net. At first he was skeptical but he decided to give it a try, after all, he had already lost his ring so he had nothing to lose. I contacted him and gave my information.

We agreed to meet at his house the next morning, Saturday 5 / 3 / 14 at about 10 . When I arrived, Jason informed me that a termite inspector was under the house so we just talked about metal detecting. To see the detector in action, he allowed me to search the front of his house by the road while waiting on the inspector to finish. We dug 3 targets, a 1944 Wheat Penny, a 1942 Nickel and a square piece of cut fence. Once the inspector was finished, we began our search. I brought along 2 pin pointers and Jason decided to join me under the house to start looking.

At first, we were just using the pin pointers as they were easier to use than the metal detector but after about 45 minutes, pulling nail after nail after nail, I decided to try out using the detector to find other than scratchy signals and look for a good solid mid-range tone on my Garrett AT Pro. About 10 minutes, I hit upon a solid 65 mid-range tone. I dug down about 2 inches and there it was.

I told Jason he owed me nothing and it was my pleasure to help but he insisted on buying my Lunch. Great trade!

WG1.jpg WG2.png WG3.jpg

Attachments

• WG4 Ol Zapata Dog.jpg
    WG4 Ol Zapata Dog.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

aztrezhunter

Apr 28, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 Garrett Freedom Ace 1950's Whites MD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice... how does that website work?

OP
OP
Hawk'n Dirt

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AZTREZHUNTER, All you have to do is go to Lost My Stuff Group - Home Page and sign up as a volunteer. You can set up how far from your home you want to get the reports from.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread