My First Round Ball I hope, and a pan I need help on ID

rfloyd5

Apr 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All,
Yesterday I went out into the Woods of Baltimore County. In a stream I found about 10inchs down this old pan. It took a while for me to ID the metal as Aluminum. after a clean up on back of pan I found the stamp that I can not ID on the internet. Any help would be great if somebody could ID the make of this pan, and maybe a year. (all pictures will be below)

Also, I believe I found my first round ball not to far off from the location of the pan.
It is not magnetic, and I weight it at .4 ounces(I might need a better scale ). And it is a tad small then a US dime.
In the last picture I think I see a what would could be a SPUR on top side of ball, but I am unsure.
Again I would love any Help on the ID and may be a time frame.

Thanks in advance Rich

View attachment DSC_0569.JPG View attachment DSC_0569Top.JPG View attachment RoundBall.JPG View attachment RoundBallWithSpur.JPG

Upvote 1

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds

Sorry can't I.d pan. Yes looks like a small round ball to be.

HH Jer

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pan might be a camping utensil, maybe either a frying pan or dinner plate or something along those lines.

OP
OP
R

rfloyd5

Apr 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies so far. I will keep both for sure. Unless somebody comes back and says the pan came from Walmart or something. But the round Ball will need to go somewhere special in my home and be labeled as my First.
Keeping my fingers crossed that ID can be found on Pan. And other people can also agree that this is indeed a round ball. To bad there is no way to know of age. If I'm not mistaking, don't they still sell these balls for hunting nowadays?

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes. people still own and fire black powder arms and as such you can still buy the balls.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
also a few seconds of google work has nailed down the maker of your bowl.

note the mark on bottom. The makers name intersects the word aluminum making it a bit confusing. The maker of the bowl is TACU Co. TACU stands for The Aluminum Cooking Utensil company.
Your bowl appears to be from the 1930s, somewhere in there. Here's a link to a couple other similar bowls by the same company to get an idea what you have.
https://www.varagesale.com/stuff-for-sale-in-winona-mn/i/hc5anfv8-2-vintage-1930-s-wear-ever-bowl-s-will-consider-reasonable-offer

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your pan is wearever aluminum, frying pan.

OP
OP
R

rfloyd5

Apr 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all are the best thanks for the answer. Dirtwizard thank you for the link.

OP
OP
R

rfloyd5

Apr 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Thanks to all the people that put me in the right direction to ID the pan I found. It looks to be a Wear-Ever #306 Aluminum Camping Skillet Saute Fry Pan Cookware 5.5".

Here are images of what it would have look liked if it wasn't 10inchs under ground for God knows how many years.

NewPAn.png PanNewBAck.png

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the old round balls have a white patina, not sure about your pan. Good luck
Had plenty that dull grey colour. I'm going with Pistol Shot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread