My first shot...this is what I got

Ray Hogan

Tenderfoot
Jan 18, 2008
Well, found this site yesterday and also happened to read an article in a metal detecting magazine about coin roll hunting. Took the plunge today, went by my bank and they had two boxes of halves. Took them to my Dad's and he and I went through them.

11 90% silvers...1 Ken, 5 Franks, 5 Walking
48 40% silvers

Went to a coin dealer and he valued at $136.25

I was astounded! Just about two hours work total. Is this average, better than average or less than average. What othe dates or types should I be looking for. What great fun. Thanks for the site and any responses.

Thanks again, Ray

Upvote 0

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
That is insanely better than average, and a nice score. Usually I'm just happy if I don't get skunked, which seems to happen alot.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With silver closing at $16.09 today, your coins have a $178.22 value in silver alone. Any dealer needs to make a profit but I think this guy is a little low. If he is the only game in town, I guess you have to use him but, if you shop around, you can get better offers. Even giving up 10% should get you $160. Just a tip.....nice score!!

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, welcome aboard RH. Very nice totals I might add. I think I would get more boxes from that bank.

I definitely agree with PB also.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
much beter than adverage --get all you can --asap -- get it while the getting is good is the crh motto

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread