Mar 1, 2013
California City, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab X-Terra
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here in Okinawa I started branching out and hunting tot lots. I got out the first time in a while this morning for about an hour. Found around $5 in clad and this beauty. It makes me wonder if some kid stole it from it's parents and lost it in the play ground. Their loss....my gain!

Armorer photo.JPG

Upvote 5

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a very lovely silver quarter it is! Congrats! Moms lose stuff in tot lots too...bling,bling! HH!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job, I agree with Perses, only thing is it cost him allot of underwear when he finds silver!

btrainrolls

Sep 29, 2013
Nice find, one day I'll find one maybe I'll have to wait 11 months too. Just curious, what was the depth that little beauty was laying. Was it flat or on is side?

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find, one day I'll find one maybe I'll have to wait 11 months too. Just curious, what was the depth that little beauty was laying. Was it flat or on is side?

Took me well over a year to find my first silver coin. Since then I hope to find at least one per hunt. Best advise I can give is get out of parks and into the woods, yards and fields. Yes, there is still plenty of silver left in parks, but it's much less common than it used to be. Woods and fields don't get as much pressure from detectorits. Getting permission to detect an old yard is probably your best bet to find silvers in my opinion.

OP
OP
Armorer73

Armorer73

Mar 1, 2013
California City, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab X-Terra
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

It was at about 5", oriented at a 45 degree angle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread