reaper8496

Apr 19, 2015
Somewhere in Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445796241.917690.jpg
I've been detecting on and off since 2012, but along side the gold earring I found in the past, this is the most beautiful piece that I've pulled out of the ground. It's a 1903 liberty half dollar! Was ringing up as a 50c piece, but as most of you guys know, the Ace can be misleading, so, I didn't think anything of it. Came out of the ground in such awesome condition!

Upvote 0

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!!! Congrats!!!

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you made some strange noises when that appeared!!! Great find!!!!

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find. Especially for a "first silver". My first was a Walking Liberty. That got me absolutely hooked. That Barber Half Dollar would hook anyone for life. Nice find and it looks like it's in super shape.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling that big ole Barber Half. :occasion14: That is one heck of a first silver. :headbang: I'm still looking to check that one off my bucket list.

AndyE89

Nov 19, 2013
Cresco, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first silver after getting back into detecting was a walker as well, now im out almost every night after work and wake up early every morning before work! Turns this hobby into an addiction!

OP
OP
reaper8496

reaper8496

Apr 19, 2015
Somewhere in Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. Especially for a "first silver". My first was a Walking Liberty. That got me absolutely hooked. That Barber Half Dollar would hook anyone for life. Nice find and it looks like it's in super shape.

Thank you! Yeah, I can imagine and oh definitely! I am really back into the rhythm again. It certainly is in great shape considering the area it was found in. It was from a 1920s farm field that's being used for horses.

OP
OP
reaper8496

reaper8496

Apr 19, 2015
Somewhere in Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first silver after getting back into detecting was a walker as well, now im out almost every night after work and wake up early every morning before work! Turns this hobby into an addiction!

Hmm, interesting...I would like to find one of those one day. Haha, oh yes, it can certainly turn into an addiction!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread