My First Silver!!!

Trozell

Greenie
Feb 9, 2009
CT
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,DFX,Garrett pointer
I have permission to hunt an 1830 house. So far it has been a big horseshoe and 11 cents in clad. I get lots of beeps but nothing steady that makes me want to dig. Those that I have dug have been scrap metal.

Today I wandered over a part I have not searched and after digging a nail moved over and got a steady dime signal. So I dug.
Pulled up the plug and out fell a shiny coin. Something I am not used to. A 1942 dime that will stay in the collection forever. Thanks for looking. Johnn B

Attachments

• dimefront1.jpg
    dimefront1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 470
Upvote 0

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the first silver. You will never forget it...trust me! I hope you find many more. :hello2:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Really nice find. Better watch passing up those unsteady signals. I almost passed up a Texas Navy button that made Western Eastern Treasures best find issue with a signal like that. I walked off, and turned around, and went back twice, and decided to dig. I'm glad I did. Good luck, and Happy Hunting.....

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
Congratulations on the first of many! My first silver was Merc as well. Welcome to Tnet and our truly addictive, yet healthy hobby!

Justin

jpitt1970

Jan 5, 2009
Huntsville. Al
DIG EVERY SIGNAL !!!!. By doing this, you will clear all the junk out of the area & possibly find better signals after doing it...you may also be surprised by what an unsteady signal turns out to be.

I dug what I THOUGHT was going to be a bent nail & it turned out to be a CS Eggshaped Oval Belt Plate...

Jon

ddjames

Aug 30, 2009
Rural Palmyra, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer, Whites V3i, Whites TRX pinpointer, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one awesome mercury!!! Have also recently found my first silver, but haven't found a mercury yet. WTG

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Congrats on your first chunk of silver. It's quite a feeling when you see that silver reeded edge in the hole. I still get that feeling every time I dig one.
Mike

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
The hair on your neck stands everytime you dig silver! At least it does on my neck, I might just be weird is all.... :tongue3: Welcome and congrats...jgas

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
ATA-BOY on the first Buddy!!!! The first silver is the best! If the hair stood up or it felt like your heart skipped a beat for a second then your boogered for life!! You had your chance to walk away but now its just to late. Put it in a 2X2 and keep at it. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread