🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice first!, i only got 1 of those, the only silver I seem to find is mercs n rosies

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice find biggredd.

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that a nice first silver ! :occasion18: ...I just have 1 of them ...a 1935... but its not as nice as yours :icon_thumleft:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worthy to be found and appreciated

I'm happy with any silver I find and yours looks great! I consider silver to be a real gift as it has more true value than all other modern day coins, it is after all Silver a Nobel metal! Real pennies, those made of copper, also have more value than modern coins and then a Nickel is made of Nickel and it has some additional value but neither of these two metals come close the the intrinsic value of silver.

Was the quarter found in your yard or was it off of your friends 300 acres?...........................6bkpkr

Then again that is a 1950 quarter and it is 63 years from the day of its minting, about 5 years after the end of WWII. Harry Truman was President, ole "the buck stops here" Truman. Cars cost about $2,500 and homes were about $25,000 each for a typical middle class home and that's were a lot of the silver coins came from, older homes/yards. So your coin has some history to it. Take care of it as it will only grow in its value! IMHO

Last edited:

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet silver ! Congrats on your first of many more to come !
Glen

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice quarter. I also was wondering if you found it in your yard. I've been searching mine and no silver yet.

OP
OP
biggredd1972

biggredd1972

Jun 1, 2013
S.E.Missouri
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter lone star

white's DFX e series with dx-1 probe
bulls eye II
Whites V3i dx-1 probe
Minelab equinox 800 Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found on farm it has 3 to 4 old home sites an old barn lot, the owner says he will show me where they all are. Also he might get a detector and go with me.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not the intrinsic value that matters...it's the fact that it's your first silver and you found it at last! :thumbsup:

bj139

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2011
Cars cost about $2,500 and homes were about $25,000 each for a typical middle class home and that's were a lot of the silver coins came from, older homes/yards. So your coin has some history to it. Take care of it as it will only grow in its value! IMHO

The silver coins will not grow in value. The federal reserve notes are being devalued slowly over time. The silver will retain it's value.

I found my first silver dimes yesterday. The story is interesting. I am building a deck out my front door. After digging a post hole we had a torrential rain. I walk out front, look down and see a 1950 FDR dime, clean, on the surface. I get my metal detector and find a 1943 mercury dime in the same area. Apparently, the dirt dug from the post hole was washed by the rain, exposing the first dime. I am now wondering how much other silver is a foot down under the deck I just built. Too late to find out now.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yahoo!! :D I'm still looking for my first 'quarter'. Nice find!

JRMan

Mar 20, 2013
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer,
White's Coinmaster 6000/Di Professional
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of many.. :) It really makes it hard to put down the MD each time you find one..

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You never forget your first silver. Throw it in a coin holder with the date of the find. Nice going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions