My first silver

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
Hi everyone,

I've been enjoying everybody's finds and this is my first post I thought worthy of putting on. Saturday I was able to get out and I found my first silver coins. A 1964 dime 2 Merc's (41,42) and a 1950 Quarter. I was very excited since I've been doing this for about a year now and these were my first. I only have three pictures and will try to post them.

OK, my files are too large how do I make them smaller?

If I figure it out I will post them.

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Congrat on you're 1st silver. You can dig tons of clads, but nothing looks better than that little silver coin shining in the sun as it comes out of the ground (well-except for that 1st gold) ;) Welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
Ilovetodig

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
Thank you all for the kind words. Once I figure out the picture thing I'll post them.

I also have a what is it to post if I can reduce the size of the pic.

Thanks again.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guaranteed, 20 years from now you will remember all the details of the first silver find. I found my first silver in 1981, and I still remember the details. Congrats!!!

M

mtl-huntr

save your jpeg pics at a low resolution this should reduce the size of the pics..this should work... ;D

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Congrats. Now you know where to hunt for that silver. Was you hunting a park, old house, or what?
WTG.
xXx

OP
OP
Ilovetodig

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
I actually found them under a pine trees on an Air Force base in base housing. Ihave found about twelve Wheaties, the oldest being a 1932d. Lots of shell casings and other odds and ends. I have high hopes and am excited about getting permission just to hunt on base. I am being extra carefulwith filling my holes and where I dig. I don't want to lose my privlilage. Oh, I've gotten around $10.00 in clad just at the diffferent play parks. The sand makes digging easy. The base opened in 1940 so I know theres got to be more I just got to keep on digging and plugging.

M

mtl-huntr

Your right pirate I miss spoke...take the pics at high res then save jpeg again (use save as command) and save as a small file...thats the way I do it in photoshop.....there is a range that you can save as a large file or small file.... then save under a different file name such as 001.1 001 being the original and 001.1 being the reduced copy....sorry about that....

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Congrats on a great day of silver!!! One is nice, but four silvers is GREAT!

Get those pics posted when you cna figure things out!

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Here is the easiest way:

Open your pics with Windows paint. Go to image at the top, then Strech/Skew. Then type in 50 or something less than 100 in BOTH the horizontal and vertical % fields. Go from there to get it the size you want. Also drag the edges of the pic to cut out unnecessary area. Go to Image and flip/rotate to spit it to slice off the other sides.

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will never forget my first silver finds! And it only gets better!

Happy hunting...wait until you find your first Barber and Larger Cent!

Arch

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Don't forget to work your MD around the base of trees and under the bushes too. Hunt real hard near the barracks too. Good luck and keep us posted on your finds Lovetodig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread