MY FIRST SOLID ROLL OF CUSTOMER ROLLED DIMES!!!!!!

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazy risk for people to take to make a profit of $4.50

hope you find a roll of mercs soon !

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hah. my first solid roll of customer wrapped dimes would most likely be clad. I am not kidding, no banks in my area have ANY customer wrapped denominations except halves/dollars(not ikes). The abundance of free coin counters make people think, "why wrap up coins when I can kist slide them into the machine?". That's okay, I would much rather have a free coin counter in my area than to have to re-roll my coin and dump them in rolls. I would much rather take the hit of less silver in brinks rolled coin.

I did get excited for you, hopefully your REAL solid roll will come.

OP
OP
Gilmore Happy

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks BigHeed, that would be sweet, as Mercs are my favorite coin out there!

AzLegend my friend, I did come out with 11 coppers out of the 50 to add to my hoard. Still down $4.00 from that "penny dime" roll. Long term though, I win, and thats all that matters... :laughing7:

Stang1968

Dec 14, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilmore Happy said:

AzLegend my friend, I did come out with 11 coppers out of the 50 to add to my hoard. Still down $4.00 from that "penny dime" roll. Long term though, I win, and thats all that matters... :laughing7:
That's rotten about a roll of cents in a dime wrapper. Tellers are known to lose their jobs over accepting rolls like that. I'm actually surprised the cents didnt bust the paper open- and even more surprised the teller didnt notice the fat roll.

OP
OP
Gilmore Happy

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stang1968 said:
Gilmore Happy said:

That's rotten about a roll of cents in a dime wrapper. Tellers are known to lose their jobs over accepting rolls like that. I'm actually surprised the cents didnt bust the paper open- and even more surprised the teller didnt notice the fat roll.

I thought that too. But alot of the banks go on the honor system with there account holders. I'll dump $1000 in rerolled dimes to my dump BofA with no questions asked, with no paper trail, meaning for a cash exchange!! So technically I could add pennies in $1000 worth of dime wrappers, get the cash for them, along with keeping the $1000 in dimes!! and get away with it, short term. Until they realize it and play back the tapes and hunt me down via FBI.

Point is, I can see how it happened.

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
Gilmore Happy said:
Stang1968 said:
Gilmore Happy said:

I thought that too. But alot of the banks go on the honor system with there account holders. I'll dump $1000 in rerolled dimes to my dump BofA with no questions asked, with no paper trail, meaning for a cash exchange!! So technically I could add pennies in $1000 worth of dime wrappers, get the cash for them, along with keeping the $1000 in dimes!! and get away with it, short term. Until they realize it and play back the tapes and hunt me down via FBI.

Yeah, that kind of stuff happens alot, just last week I got a roll with a nickel on each end and 38 foreign coins in the middle.

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This happened to me once at a Chase Bank. By far the most disappointing roll of coins I ever opened. Like solid 2010 Dime roll times 100 disappointing. At least Chase refunded me the $4.50.

Stang1968

Dec 14, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
azlegends said:
Gilmore Happy said:
Stang1968 said:
Gilmore Happy said:

Yeah, that kind of stuff happens alot, just last week I got a roll with a nickel on each end and 38 foreign coins in the middle.

I stopped buying rolls at a certain WF because of that. I was tired of going in for "account credits" due to receiving so much foreign coin. Dimes were the worst, but halves also tended to have a lot of medio balboas.

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
maipenrai said:
Hey Azlegends, did you check the value of the foreign coins? You might have even made a profit!

I think I did make a slight "profit" but I have no way of converting my whopping 2.25

alaskanfever

Mar 8, 2011
ALASKA
Stang1968 said:
azlegends said:
Gilmore Happy said:
Stang1968 said:
Gilmore Happy said:

Well the Balboa is just another name for dollar. the balboa is used in panama and panama uses our dollar as well as currency there. i have never had a problem spending panamanian money here in the states and i used to live in panama so i have alot of panamanian money.

I stopped buying rolls at a certain WF because of that. I was tired of going in for "account credits" due to receiving so much foreign coin. Dimes were the worst, but halves also tended to have a lot of medio balboas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions