My first time finding this, Liquid Mercury

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your video is marked private, no one can see it but you

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's always interesting the first time you find it.

Sometimes it can be packing a bunch of gold. I found some last summer that was in a ball, and it had gathered a lot of gold. But I was in a great gold producing stream.

All the best,

Lanny

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Below the Malakoff Diggings and Sacramento River below Pollard Flats are the only spots in calif I've found large quantities. Outside Carson City east in the Carson river though from Brunswick canyon to Lake Lahonton HUGE pools of mercury. Made more money off the mercury than the gold-till closed to all dredging. John

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never saw mercury balled up, but have only found a little glacier gold

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You may be able to sell it to the Sierra Fund, their supposed to get around $7000 an oz. for what they can recover from their scam/program. Problem is they haven't produced a drop. Since you've already recovered more than they have in the last six years give them a call and tell'em you want $10,000/oz. so they'll have something to show for their worthless efforts.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would be very careful going public with such info. It is cool that you found some, recognize it and cleaned it out of the environment. Problem is there is no date stamp on it and the info could be spun in unfortunate ways.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Placergold- no offense to you but I would respectfully argue that our silence and lack of action is exactly what has killed us. Doesn't it bother you that this poster removed more toxic mercury from the watershed at no cost to the taxpayer, then the newly self apppointed experts have that are screwing the taxpayers out of millions of dollars to do something they can't? Guess what happens after it is shown they can't do it? They won't say you guys were right all along wanna show us how to make this work, they will say it can't be done and will legislate everyone from the waterways entirely to "save" us from further harm.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The fact that you were asked to make the Video Private is freaking Ridiculous. I saw your video and truthfully saw no harm in it. Mercury is a reality.. The fact that you found some on a AMRA claim (Chupracabra). Now that may be something? I wonder if the Claim owners have any kind of legal responsibility for Harmful materials found on there claims by members. (YOU AINT BEEN FEELING SICK I HOPE) I also wonder what kind of awareness is made by groups about mercury.. Do they offer any kind of disposal information.. LOL Look I may be mistaken but I think Mercury may be the final Nail in the Coffin for small scale miners.

The cats out of the bag now and it's quite possible that in the future you will be able to dredge and work your claims as long as you have all the New permits and certifications saying you are Qualified to handle hazardous materials and are able to properly dispose of them..... No doubt the cost of classes and training and permits will most likely obliterate the small scale mining community.

Is this a valid concern?
Are prospectors miners dropping the ball??

I wonder how TOUCHY OF A SUBJECT THIS REALLY IS??

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The fact that you were asked to make the Video Private is freaking Ridiculous. I saw your video and truthfully saw no harm in it. Mercury is a reality.. The fact that you found some on a AMRA claim (Chupracabra). Now that may be something? I wonder if the Claim owners have any kind of legal responsibility for Harmful materials found on there claims by members. (YOU AINT BEEN FEELING SICK I HOPE) I also wonder what kind of awareness is made by groups about mercury.. Do they offer any kind of disposal information.. LOL Look I may be mistaken but I think Mercury may be the final Nail in the Coffin for small scale miners. The cats out of the bag now and it's quite possible that in the future you will be able to dredge and work your claims as long as you have all the New permits and certifications saying you are Qualified to handle hazardous materials and are able to properly dispose of them..... No doubt the cost of classes and training and permits will most likely obliterate the small scale mining community. Is this a valid concern? Are prospectors miners dropping the ball?? I wonder how TOUCHY OF A SUBJECT THIS REALLY IS??

SHHHH walls have ears

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yeah, like all the residents in california go to HazMat to recycle them CFLs
be interesting to see the Purchase and return on CFLs since Home depot accepts/recycle mercury light bulbs

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mecury is a natural occurance all over the world, when people find mercury in cali they assume it was brought there , not so, and mercury is going for $210.00 for a 75 pound flask right now,
it has allways sold in 75 pound flask's i dont know why.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whoever persuaded you to make that video private is a complete ******* (yes, I know you are reading this so come get me)
Panicking and slinking away in fear each time mercury is mentioned is a gutless reaction to environmentalists villanization of mercury. It is also a complete and unconditional surrender of your 1st amendment rights to free speech.
Good Grief...talking about mercury is not a crime neither is showing pics or even cleaning up a spill when you find it

OP
OP
AlienAmerican

AlienAmerican

Mar 31, 2014
Northern CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bonaro, don't think anyone has pressured me in any way to make this go away. In fact, the owner of the claim told me themselves I can post whatever videos I like of said claims. I made it private of my own accord just for the time being.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dispose of Mercury? :BangHead:

It's selling for $2,600 a flask TODAY. Where do you folks get these low prices from? I'll buy all you can bring at $300 a flask and laugh all the way to the bank. :laughing7:

Who the heck would give it away? :dontknow:

Not a miner that's for sure.

Heavy Pans

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread