My first time out....ever

jersey junkie

Jan 14, 2006
new jersey
Just got a white's dfx metal detector.....wow what a machine. I have never detected befor and decided to get into it. I hit the jersey shore and took the directions out. I was finding clad stuff like crazy. Right out of the box i could use this thing. I know it's a lot of detector for a first timer butin time i will be able to use the custom stuff (i hope). I found all clad so nothing of great value but i did buy coffee with my find. Found a lot of crap too. If there is any one in new jersey looking to go out let me know i would love to learn from someone that knows how to really do this. thanks

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby. The DFX is a great machine and you have to learn how it all works together. But that is the fun of it. At least your not hampered by not having enough machine to grow into.

HH,

Sandman

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
the dfx is top of the line! sounds like youre hooked!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's on your first time out with the DFX....I still need to find enough clad to buy one of em'....WELCOME and HH!!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
JJ,

welcome to the site. Hope to be seeing some of your finds with that new machine.

have a good un................

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You picked a great detector! Good luck. Tsgman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome,I have heard good things about the DFX. Enjoy. :)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome, JJ, to the forum. There's lots of people on here who own a DFX so you should be able to get any help you need. Just practice with the stock programs before you start messing around with the custom adjustments. You should have some great fun on the beach with it. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread