SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's nothing big but it got me excited for the first time out in a couple years....Found these items outside an old grave site that dates late 1800's but has a newer split rail fence around it. When I got the signals I thought maybe these were Indian Heads but they turned out to be newer Lincolns. The first picture is what they looked like when I found them at about 4 inches with an Ace 150. The curved pieces I think are lead, The bigger one weighs 1.7 oz. and the smaller 1 oz. My detector was reading "Ring" in the Jewelry mode so I kept digging. Found the pennies in Jewelry mode also. The darker penny is 1970, the other is 1978 and the other is unreadable, it is very worn and thinner than a dime. This is the first find made with the Ace 150 in the woods, I have found some pocket change on the beach with it in March. I have a BH but have been discouraged using it a couple years ago, seems that is has too many functions for me. This little Ace is a great user friendly detector, I am considering getting a 250. Anyone interested in a lightly used BH Sharp Shooter II? :icon_pirat:

P.S. I also found a 2 point deer antler, when the detector sounded on "Iron" I looked down and saw the point sticking out of the weeds next to an old steel soda can.

Attachments

• Found 4 11 09.jpg
    Found 4 11 09.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 285
  • found cleaned.jpg
    found cleaned.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 289
Upvote 0

John987

Jan 13, 2009
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Compass X-80 Challenger, Yukon 77B Professional
Congrats on getting out into those woods!
Nice finds! Keep on swinging!

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread