My first time out

Oldhead

Mar 21, 2018
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The site was pretty interesting, there is an old foundation on my dads property. It’s built from Jersey stone. Not sure how old it is. Lots of big pieces of metal in the ground about 15” down. I would get a good signal and the pin point would say 3”. A foot down and nothing, but the detector would still sound off over the hole. Dig more and I’d find it. My pin pointer decided not to work. It wouldn’t go quiet. Thought maybe I had a bad battery. Tried a new one and did the same thing. So I searched some more without it. When I packed up I tried it one more time, and you guessed it it worked. I’ll probably order a carrot this week.
Well, here is the random aluminum trash
IMG_1362.JPG

Then there’s the toilet
IMG_1365.JPG

The regular odd ball trash
IMG_1364.JPG IMG_1363.JPG

Found the dukes of hazard car after rechecking the hole after the lid
IMG_1367.JPG

The axe head and smaller piece were close to a big oak, the door lock was interesting too.
IMG_1368.JPG

Then my first clad, both in the same hole
IMG_1366.JPG

Upvote 5

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOVE the dukes of hazard car! The other oddities and relics are neat too! Nice haul!! I have heard of "having everything and the kitchen sink". But the bathroom toilet......:icon_scratch:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything but the kitchen sink! Keep digging Oldhead, maybe after getting some of that big stuff out of the way the little coins will ring up?

OP
OP
Oldhead

Oldhead

Mar 21, 2018
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything but the kitchen sink! Keep digging Oldhead, maybe after getting some of that big stuff out of the way the little coins will ring up?

I hope so. Definitely going to hit the spot again. Still haven't been able to find anything on the foundation. I think it is probably old enough to be from the time when Hammonton was a part of Gloucester. I'll get a picture of it next time. There is one main wall left and an entrance way to what looks like it once lead to the basement. The wall looks like this
StoneFoundat133DJFs.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread