MY FIRST TOKEN

DIGGING1971GUY

May 20, 2011
Here are the images of the token i found today ,i am pretty pumped
http://i55.tinypic.com/2qjao74.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/2i7qtug.jpg

A member id the token for me in what is it ,BRAMBLEFIND who i thank for the ID on the token

Has anyone ever seen this token before ? HC Beerman & Co was a Saloon on W. Peters St. in Atlanta, Georgia in the late 1800s

How many of these can be floating around ? is it a rare token ? '
Would like to here from you token folk on it , thanks !!

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on the nice token! I think Bramblefind has probably nailed it as Atlanta, GA, although part of the inscription is curious. It is not listed in Partin's Georgia Trade Tokens book and I don't see it on www.tokencatalog.com, so my guess is that this is a "new merchant". You might consider posting it on tokencatalog.com or giving permission to post your pics and one of us will post it.
John in ID

OP
OP
DIGGING1971GUY

DIGGING1971GUY

May 20, 2011
idahotokens said:
Congratulations on the nice token! I think Bramblefind has probably nailed it as Atlanta, GA, although part of the inscription is curious. It is not listed in Partin's Georgia Trade Tokens book and I don't see it on www.tokencatalog.com, so my guess is that this is a "new merchant". You might consider posting it on tokencatalog.com or giving permission to post your pics and one of us will post it.
John in ID
Oh that would be great if you posted it over there ,you got me excited LOL

OP
OP
DIGGING1971GUY

DIGGING1971GUY

May 20, 2011
idahotokens said:
John in ID
And thank you !!

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
As with any numismatic item, be careful about cleaning. Cleaning tokens is a lot more acceptable than cleaning coins, but they are still subject to ruin if not done properly. If I were you, I'd experiment on a lot of other similar pieces of metal before working on this token. I think the archives here and in the coins section would be worth searching.
John in ID

OP
OP
DIGGING1971GUY

DIGGING1971GUY

May 20, 2011

Waterbug

Jul 6, 2005
Iowa
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, XLT & GoldmasterV/SAT
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked my token book,United States Tokens,1700-1900 and do not find it listed.You could have a rare one. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
DIGGING1971GUY

DIGGING1971GUY

May 20, 2011
Waterbug said:
I just checked my token book,United States Tokens,1700-1900 and do not find it listed.You could have a rare one. :thumbsup:
Thanks bud,wish i could find out more

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DIGGING1971GUY said:
How can i clean this token ? the best method?

Very Nice!
I've dug one drug store token from the 1880's similar to yours, in the sense that it still has some of the black enamel
in the lettering.
Be very careful on cleaning, if you do it at all. Some soapy water, q-tip, that's all I'd use.
(This is from someone whose tokens that have been dug recently need to be almost stripped to their base metal
because of such horrible ground conditions.

Hopefully this find will be the start of a horribly cruel addiction, one in which you may lose friends and family.
Willingly.
Carl

OP
OP
DIGGING1971GUY

DIGGING1971GUY

May 20, 2011
CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
DIGGING1971GUY said:
How can i clean this token ? the best method?

Very Nice!
I've dug one drug store token from the 1880's similar to yours, in the sense that it still has some of the black enamel
in the lettering.
Be very careful on cleaning, if you do it at all. Some soapy water, q-tip, that's all I'd use.
(This is from someone whose tokens that have been dug recently need to be almost stripped to their base metal
because of such horrible ground conditions.

Hopefully this find will be the start of a horribly cruel addiction, one in which you may lose friends and family.
Willingly.
Carl
I am so addicted already ,i even bare the 100 deg weather to make sure i go 4 hours in it ,i cant wait till it cools 8hr days here i come !!
I wish you good digging my friend !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread