My First two days of hunting with my New Fisher F75

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
Well Gary, my hunting partner and I got out Sunday and I went hunting Monday at our old Happy Trails Site.

I wanted to try out my new Fisher F75 and see how it worked. Well from the pictures below you can see it worked very well. I had some trouble with it at first with a lot of chatter, but kept messing with the dials and came up with a solution. Now it works just fine. I am sure I have a lot more to learn about this detector, but so far I like what I see. I'm also using a SunRay Probe with it.

Gary hunted with his ACE 250 and did very well also.

I found a 1937 Buffalo nickel, has all the legs, 1927 & 1936 Mercury dimes, 1946 & 1950 Roosevelt dimes, 1937, '44, '51 D & 19?? wheat pennies. I also found a Swiss knife and a sharping stone, found it lying on top of the ground. I also found a lot of newer coins and a lot of mud. All these finds I found on Sunday.

On Monday I got out a little after work. I found this really neat 1937 Walking Half Dollar and a 1943 Silver Washington Quarter.

Gary found on Sunday a 1939 Mercury dime, a 1963 Roosevelt dime. He also found a 1943 S War nickel and a Canadian Silver Quarter, no date. Gary also found a neat American Airlines pin and a 22 bullet. He also found around 3 dollars in new change and of course a lot of mud.

All in all, I think we both had a good outing and found some nice finds.

Hope you all had a good weekend of hunting also.

HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• F75 & Half dollar.jpg
    F75 & Half dollar.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 541
  • half dollar.jpg
    half dollar.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 548
  • half dollar & silver quarter.jpg
    half dollar & silver quarter.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 539
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are our finds from Sunday.

HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• Denny\'s finds.jpg
    Denny\'s finds.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 527
  • gary\'s finds.jpg
    gary\'s finds.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 539

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Nice hunting, & some great finds, Congrats!...
Also,, Congrats on the new machine, looks to be working very well...
Contined Good luck, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metalfinder said:
A friend who uses the F-75 said that he got a lot of chatter with it also. Then when he called the company they told him to turn the discrim down. I guess they set it up backwards. He had been turning it up and you would think that would quiet it down. It was the opposite. I did watch him pull a barber quarter at 13 inches though after making his adjustments. GL and HH

Yep that's what I did, I turned down the Discrim and wow did that make a difference. I got some great info from
http://www.fisherf75.com Great place to find many answers about the Fisher F75. Thanks for your reply, I can't wait to dig something that deep.

grndfisher said:
Very nice! Were the 1937 coins found close together??

No I found the coins in different locations at the picnic area. It is a big area, people must have played in all areas of the park.

Thanks for everyone's replies. If your interested look at my posts from last year about Happy Trails, you will see lots of coins and tokens taken from this site. Just do a search with my nickname on here.

HH, Ringfinder

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! :thumbsup:

It's just the nature of the beast. I think the internal circuitry (gain?) just needs higher discrimination "dummed" down with less sensitivity dialed in.

Check out this graph. Someone took the time to map air-test "depth" vs. discrimination all else being equal on the F-75.

And also the "Read This First" sheet that comes in the box that alerts you to the "perkyness" at higher discrimination.

Attachments

• f75discrimdepth.gif
    f75discrimdepth.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 400
  • F75_Read_This_First.jpg
    F75_Read_This_First.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 394

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
No, we didn't have a good hunting week. :P But I see you did! :icon_pirat: We still had way too much snow this last weekend(and still do although it's looking ok for the coming weekend).

You guys are off to a good start.

Bob

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds. what do you clean your coins with?? they look cool 8)

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie P. (NY) said:
Great finds! :thumbsup:

It's just the nature of the beast. I think the internal circuitry (gain?) just needs higher discrimination "dummed" down with less sensitivity dialed in.

Check out this graph. Someone took the time to map air-test "depth" vs. discrimination all else being equal on the F-75.

And also the "Read This First" sheet that comes in the box that alerts you to the "perkyness" at higher discrimination.

Thanks for the info Charlie, I'm still learning this detector. I have only used it two days. So I'm just sort
of using it the way it is set up after Ground Balancing it. So far I haven't had a problem with chatter using this feature.

I'll probably use different settings once I get used the detector and all of it's features.

Thanks again for the info.

Mirage said:
No, we didn't have a good hunting week. :P But I see you did! :icon_pirat: We still had way too much snow this last weekend(and still do although it's looking ok for the coming weekend).

You guys are off to a good start.

Bob

Thanks Bob, sorry to hear the ground is still covered over your way, I guess that gives Gary and I a head start on you guys. LOL
Hope this weekend is better hunting weather for you guys.

Thanks everyone for looking at my post, hope your coming weekend is a Great One.

Happy Easter and Happy Hunting, hope you all find lots of Easter Eggs. LOL

Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread