My First US Ammo plate, lucky 13th

mikeshayne

Jul 24, 2011
Missouri
We had a very small cool front pass through Friday the 13th in central Missouri. I contacted a friend of mine and we hit two city lots before hitting a small hill near a cemetery. I found the Lutheran Sunday school pin in one of the lots and my friend found a Union coat button in another. On the hill though my luck changed. I found a 1907 Indian head and then a 1944 Lincoln and miscellaneous odds and ends including the spoon and a very small pocket knife. The last find of the night though made my month. Sounding like a quarter on my Garrett, I dug about 7-8 inches down and once I picked up the piece I suspected what it might be but it was so dark it was hard to read the US on the plate. Once I confirmed, all my aches and pains went away.

I have been hitting this summer harder than years past with a couple of friends but I have not had a lot of luck. In this same area though, I had found a shot Minnie and then what appears to be a flattened .58 Minnie about the size of a half dollar. My friend has found a few bullets as well around here.

We have been told that nothing of size or worth should be left on this hill as it has been hit hard over the years. I found the plate in the middle of the hill with no obstructions or reason why it would have been missed. Finally I got lucky. I love Friday the 13th.

Attachments

• 7-13-12.jpg
    7-13-12.jpg
    628 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 1

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very awesome finds from a "hunted out" hill! So, when is the next month that has a Friday the 13??

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find. I've been looking hard for my first and not had any luck as of yet. Good luck the rest of the summer. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread