My First Walker!

kbinski

Sep 29, 2008
Stopped by the bank last wednesday to dump about $20 in nickels. I asked for some rolls and just as I was about to leave I spotted halves in the teller's tray and saw a silver rim. I asked to buy the halves and she looked at each one which made me nervous. I told her that I collected half dollars. I was shaking in excitement when she laid a walker on the counter and she asked If I "wanted this one too." So stoked to have scored my first WL half. It is a 1944 and I need it for my set!

Attachments

• 1944 WL.JPG
    1944 WL.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 343
Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Grats!

I've never gotte anthing but 40/90 ken's from trays. A walker would be a sick score from one!

Glad you nabbed it!

~Dave

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL - she asked you if you want it, like its a bad thing!!!! Awsome score!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey that is great I am happy for you. I love how young tellers ask "do you want the old one or the dirty one." Haha Yes of course I do. Congrats on finding arguably the most beautiful coin the U.S ever minted.

-golden silver

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Walker KB.....Wahoooooo.....I hope there are many more for you in the future. Good luck.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Nice score - I remember my 1st Walker from a teller tray. I was surprised that it was just sitting there waiting for me. The teller didn't look twice as she handed it to me. Made for a nice day. Usually the younger tellers are the ones that hand over the silver without a thought - I always look for the youngest teller in the line. Don't want to be ageist here but the older tellers have been some of the crankiest ones to me. Not always the case and only rarely but once in a while...whew...if they are trying to make me never come back to that branch....They Are Wrrrong! :tongue3: They are also the ones that pull the old "Do you have an account here" line. A couple times I have said no and then opened one on the spot just to get the coins I want.

Maine_Jim

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
Congrats on your first Walker. She probably thought it was a foreign coin. Amazing sometimes what the tellers don't know about our money.

HH
Cat

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
congrats on pulling a walker from a teller's tray! it always amazes me when tellers hand over franklins and walkers without batting an eye. that's one end of the spectrum. the other end is when the tellers WON'T sell you that odd looking coin. :BangHead:

i recently had an experience much like yours. here ya go... http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,199071.msg1411680.html#msg1411680

i know zackly how ya feel.

good luck on your future searches and may the silver gods rain down upon you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread