My First Week CRH

Crush N Cans

Greenie
Jan 25, 2010
Been reading this great forum for about a week so I decided to join the fun and sign up! I went to about 10 banks and only one had halves. First I bought 30 rolls...all skunks, then I went back and bought the rest they had...29 rolls even more skunks! It wasn't a total loss though because when I took money out of the ATM to buy my halves...out popped a wierd looking twenty dollar bill. It was off-center and also a star note! I ended up dumping the skunks at another bank and putting my twenty dollar star note on ebay where I had my first bid on it today with about three days left on the auction!

P.S. I posted a pic but did't see it on the preview. That's why it may show up twice or not at all.

Attachments

• funny20.jpg
    funny20.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 469

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome aboard!
That's a star note alright. But the note isn't off center. That's the way they all look since the design was changed.
HH
Gilbert

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
enamel7 said:
But the note isn't off center. That's the way they all look since the design was changed.
HH
Gilbert

I would have to disagree with that. I may be wrong, but it looks like there is more space on the bottom of the bill than there is at the top of the bill.

Attachments

• us_20_series_2006_obverse.jpg
    us_20_series_2006_obverse.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 416

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it's off center, but still a keeper. I have a nice little stash of star notes, just as fun as coin roll hunting really.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
The design is not 100% in the center of the paper but most bills aren't anyway. Yours is definitely within the acceptable margins. You mind posting a link to your auction?

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
So what's so special about a star note?

Since I look for coins, I don't follow these, but would like to know. :-)

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey jrf,
A star note is a note that replaced an original note with in error in it. Sometimes they are worth quite a bit over face value, depending on serial number, and where it was printed at. They are pretty rare, and it is hard to find one in good condition. Like coins, if they are in mint condition they are worth far more

There are also other types of notes to look for, like repeating serial numbers, and radar notes. Radars are notes where the serial number is like a mirror.. Example - 14466441

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U only got $1.50 over face for that note?? with free shipping.. after ebay fees, your actually going to loose money on that one.

OP
OP
C

Crush N Cans

Greenie
Jan 25, 2010
I got another positive feedback ebay point and a little wiser. No money for me on that one. It was a great auction though...I had 11 watchers and a ton of visitors.
Watched that show meteorite men for the first time think I'll go out looking for meteorites!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread