My First Wheatie!!!!!!!

Desertvet

Nov 4, 2011
Apollo Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay, I just got back from the local park here in my town that I hunt about once a week, and I decided instead of hunting around the kids play area where I normally hunt...I'd venture off into the grassy areas surrounding the basketball courts, and man am I glad I did! I got my first wheatie at 4" under the grass!!!! It looks to be in pretty good shape too! I also managed to pull up a 1982 Canadian penny from around the same area, and a key. Did okay with the clad, and also dug up a necklace pendant in the shape of a palm tree. A great day indeed!!!! I love my Ace 150! Happy hunting to you all!

Attachments

• IMGP0003.JPG
    IMGP0003.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 939
  • IMGP0006.JPG
    IMGP0006.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 942
  • IMGP0007.JPG
    IMGP0007.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 969
  • IMGP0010.JPG
    IMGP0010.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 963
  • IMGP0012.JPG
    IMGP0012.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,000
Upvote 0
Congrats on your first of many more to come :headbang: .
Glen

Thank you, Glen...I'm going to go hit that area some more tomorrow and see what else I can dig up. :icon_thumleft:
pl8man said:
Congrats on your first of many more to come :headbang: .
Glen

nice digging, i just pulled two out of same hole stuck together thought it was a flying eagle till i brushed the dirt away 1945 an 1946 not far from where i pulled a merc out congats on your finds :tongue3: :tongue3:

Way to go! Someday you will tired of digging them!

Congrats! I've only found two and yours is in much better shape. It becomes more appealing once you start finding the old stuff. :icon_thumleft:

Thank you! I'd love to find more than one coin in a hole...especially an older coin! :icon_thumleft: I was quite happy with my wheatie this afternoon...totally took me by surprise, that's for sure! Next goal...get me a merc! ;D Happy hunting to ya! :headbang:
nsdq said:
nice digging, i just pulled two out of same hole stuck together thought it was a flying eagle till i brushed the dirt away 1945 an 1946 not far from where i pulled a merc out congats on your finds :tongue3: :tongue3:

Congrats!! Keep it in a safe place so you'll remember it forever :headbang:

That is a nice wheatie specimen.....great find! Isn't this a wonderful pastime? It's rather like fishing in the ocean...you just never know what you will get.

As Kayden said, I guess someday I may tire of digging them, but, I don't foresee that in the near future! Heck, I still dig zinc! (more than once, that zinc signal turned out to be a silver ring for me).

I forgot to mention, from another vet......thank you for your service.

Congrats on your 1st Wheatie . . .it's just the beginning of many more! :thumbsup: Breezie

Congrats on your first wheat! :icon_thumleft: It just keeps getting better from here. :)

HH

Well thank you! And I thank you for your selfless service as well... Happy hunting! :occasion14:
Roland58 said:
I forgot to mention, from another vet......thank you for your service.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back