My first year metal detecting. Best of 2015!

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
So as the waters rise and the rain and snow begin falling, I felt it was time to gather the best of my metal detecting finds for 2015 and display them in a nice case. I also took the time to note details of each find: soil/water conditions, depth, location, date, machine used, vdi, weather, etc. This was my first year metal detecting. I love this hobby so much. As far as what I will do with my finds, they are a retirement plan of sorts. I will only sell them if I absolutely need to. Otherwise, I will continue to collect them and some day pass them to my sons. The only other valuable find that is not pictured here is the cache I found (previous post). Sorry, I still don't know how to insert a link to another post...

Anyhow, I just want to thank you all so much for spending your valuable time to look at my posts this past year. Your comments have been both educational and very encouraging and I can't begin to say how much fun it has been. I have made some nice friends here. Going forward into 2016, I have big plans. In the short term, a trip is being planned to Florida and the Caribbean. Also, I am planning a dive that should be lucrative....we will see.

Thanks again! Take good care, may your coils pass over the richest of treasure and we will do it again in 2016! Happy hunting to all of you!

-The Urban Prospector:icon_thumleft:

14502898852582004050711.jpg
1450289947347-1057817861.jpg
1450290016724864138613.jpg
1450290086529-518678814.jpg
1450290242004886287379.jpg
14502903719091391714485.jpg
14502904476921813662628.jpg

Upvote 19

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Life's a Beach! :notworthy:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on a great first year!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for sharing. That is a really nice selection of rings and jewelry. Very well done sir!

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was a stellar first year for you! Very well done.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only a year in! That is some DARN nice finds!
Have you weighed out all of your gold and silver finds?
That is some fruitful hunting, are you the only one in your area ;)

Keep it up and may '16 have even more treasuer to find.

(Love the little Belt buckle like ring, super cool)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So what do you do? Go to flea markets daily and knock tables over and then come back at night with your detector to find what they did not pick up??? You rocked your 1st year. :headbang: Were most of the rings and things found on the beach or in the water? I mainly detect permissions, parks and schools and it would take me about ten or more seasons to pull what you found in one.

OP
OP
The Urban Prospector

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Only a year in! That is some DARN nice finds!
Have you weighed out all of your gold and silver finds?
That is some fruitful hunting, are you the only one in your area ;)

Keep it up and may '16 have even more treasuer to find.

(Love the little Belt buckle like ring, super cool)

I haven't weighed it all. Though I am certainly not the only detectorist in my area, I may be the most dedicated or hooked.:dontknow:

OP
OP
The Urban Prospector

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
So what do you do? Go to flea markets daily and knock tables over and then come back at night with your detector to find what they did not pick up??? You rocked your 1st year. :headbang: Were most of the rings and things found on the beach or in the water? I mainly detect permissions, parks and schools and it would take me about ten or more seasons to pull what you found in one.

I would have to guess that 60% is water (fresh water lakes & rivers as well as saltwater), 30% is land (parks, ballfields, schools, etc) and 10% beaches.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You had an outstanding year!!! Your jewelry is very shiney now hat its no longer in the ground.:laughing7: Well done sir.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG TUP , THATS A LOT OF RINGS YOU HAVE DUG UP .

OP
OP
The Urban Prospector

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
What was the pull-tab to Ring ratio ;)

So the pull tabs are much fewer in the water than on land. It's like every gold signal on land I say "pulltab" and am rarely wrong. In the water I usually call "nickel" on the gold signal. I have dug ALOT of both. But what a joy when I am wrong. What's funny though, when I find a gold ring, I sometimes can just tell. Not sure if it is because of the clarity of the signal or what but I just get that warm fuzzy feeling sometimes.....Know what I mean? But yeah, it's weird how few pulltabs there are in the water compared to land.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the pull tabs are much fewer in the water than on land. It's like every gold signal on land I say "pulltab" and am rarely wrong. In the water I usually call "nickel" on the gold signal. I have dug ALOT of both. But what a joy when I am wrong. What's funny though, when I find a gold ring, I sometimes can just tell. Not sure if it is because of the clarity of the signal or what but I just get that warm fuzzy feeling sometimes.....Know what I mean? But yeah, it's weird how few pulltabs there are in the water compared to land.

Well, You have my best wishes on your 2016 hunting - Lets go for +2 boxes ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread