my "friend" wants to quit the rat race to be a detector bum realistic or not

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my "friend" wants to quit the rat race to be a detector bum realistic or not

currently my "friend" is working in the IT sector mostly back end Linux servers with a reasonable level of salary however say he wanted to quit are some of you guys making it just by detecting alone.

He's convinced that It sounds good but the wife says stop dreaming or she will leave with the two children and lassie his dog

ps he has like willie Nelson type hair and says peace man and also grows exotic herbal plants.
so I feel he would suit a hippie kinda of life.

plus his wife wont let him hang out with me drinking beer and stuff and complains about my smelly feet farting and also being a bad influence on him. (hen pecked) in other words.

I would advise him to go for it but I think he may miss his dog what do you think

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: my "friend" wants to quit the rat race to be a detector bum realistic or not

I truly think at this point you are SPAM and TROLL.

so none of these posts are real right.......little white lie to get the board jumping a bit?

??? ??? :tongue3:

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: my "friend" wants to quit the rat race to be a detector bum realistic or not

FarmerChick said:
I truly think at this point you are SPAM and TROLL.

so none of these posts are real right.......little white lie to get the board jumping a bit?

??? ??? :tongue3:
compliments will get you every where dear

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If I quit and did it for a livin, then it would become a 'job'. I haven't quit the rat race yet, but got kicked out of it once for a couple of years or so. I did detect very regularly, with my goal bein to find enough for that day's luxury items, which at the time happened to be a cup of coffee and a newspaper. Did it quite handily, and even got a few days ahead sometimes. Double M, you probably are a bad influence, but I still like your posts, in an off-handed, disinterested, mildly bemused sort of way.

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RGINN said:
If I quit and did it for a livin, then it would become a 'job'. I haven't quit the rat race yet, but got kicked out of it once for a couple of years or so. I did detect very regularly, with my goal bein to find enough for that day's luxury items, which at the time happened to be a cup of coffee and a newspaper. Did it quite handily, and even got a few days ahead sometimes. Double M, you probably are a bad influence, but I still like your posts, in an off-handed, disinterested, mildly bemused sort of way.
thanks I think oh and that double M thing is rocking like bond only better

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005

I know a man who did just that. He quit his job and started metal detecting full time, as an income venture. He had saved enough to last his family for a year in case it didn't work out. He had also bought all the latest and best equipment and learned how to use it. The last time I saw him, he claimed he was doing quite well, traveling all across the country and digging treasure. I haven't seen him in a few years now, so I don't know how he is doing in the last couple years. He calimed it was a full time job tracing leads and hunting beaches to find enough to sustain his life style. Good Luck. rockhound

S

stefen

Kinda sounds like an acid-type :icon_thumleft:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

3 posts all the same
1 with a poll even :laughing9:
and one with the dog being the winner ;D

come on, you gotta find something better to do truly. cause now nuttin' ya post will ever be anything but a little white lie to me :laughing7:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would advise him to go for it. One only lives once. Make sure he gets visitation rights for the dog.LOL>

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FarmerChick said:
3 posts all the same
1 with a poll even :laughing9:
and one with the dog being the winner ;D

come on, you gotta find something better to do truly. cause now nuttin' ya post will ever be anything but a little white lie to me :laughing7:
aww come on thats a bit harsh i was just about to write up my best find for the day 1 tonne of 24k gold in an old nazi bunker some where on the english coast

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread