my gear just starting

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
well here is my gear 4 pans the trinity pan was given to me by a friend my shovels and some assorted hand tools and a drill operated pump i am going to put a handle on it that way i dont have to drag a drill and xtra batteries along for the trip and over the wekend i got a little bit of color from a few concentrate bags and s little color from a creek system in nw missouri

Attachments

• Photo0138.jpg
    Photo0138.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 272
  • Photo0139 (1).jpg
    Photo0139 (1).jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 285
  • Photo0140.jpg
    Photo0140.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 272
  • Photo0141.jpg
    Photo0141.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 0

stonecutter1

Apr 25, 2011
Shawnee, KS
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites MXT,Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
O.P. I heard that you are a member of the Show me prospectors club. (Russau mentioned this in another post) I am new to T-Net forum. I did my 1st panning back in the 70's when my dad was working in Montana. I made several trips to Colorado in the late 80's & early 90's. Just panning & some trout fishing. I have'nt been out in a long time though. I am hoping to hook up with some one to do some panning in northern Mo. with my son. My uncle has a sheet metal Mfg. company. Thinking of getting w/ him to build a sluice. But they don't cost that much to buy. Any ideas on a good sluice? As far as equipment, I have a couple of the green garrett pans & classifier & some old metal pans. I'll look into getting a new pan too. I am hopiing to get out to the next Show me club meeting. I work on Saturdays & will have to try to change my schedule.

OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
no i belong to the nw missouri prospectors and metal detectors in st joseph missouri there are a bunch of the mogpaa that are in my club that rassu and warsawdaddy know from the mogpaa we have our meetings every 2nd sunday of the month i will be posting info for the next meeting and the club contacts for directions to get to the meetings on the prospecting forum in the next few days so be looking out i am a newbie to prospecting but a lot of our members can help you out i have noticed a lot of them use short ones 8 inch wide 2 foot long but that was at a club meeting at onr of the members yard and i seen a big keene sluice there also so be whatching for the next club meeting info on here i will post it in a few days

falcolnx

Dec 22, 2008
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Ace 150 currently
Go get em possum! I am scouting a creek nw missouri too not getting anything yet but its got to be around in there. Let me know when that meeting is. I need to pick someones brain about reading a creek for the likely spots.

OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
finding quartz is a good start if you find that keep looking and keep a eye out for the bed rock it is in the cracks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions