my girlfriend schooled me!

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
last year i got my gf shelly AKA Pocahantas collecting,and she loves it.yesterday was her first time out this year due to her work schedule.so what does she do she finds a miami river valley full grooved axe!!!.we had a lot of fun she found some other nice things but we dont have those photod yet,i found some nice things also,we only have insitu pics,i found a killr side notch and it had this perfect needle tip perfect point,i dropped it on a tile floor at home and broke the tip off,i am sick,and feel like a rookie.heres before and after.what is gomers #??the heartbreaker black monster i found on thursday.despite all that it was great to see her find a great piece.

041809_1335a.jpg

041809_1336a.jpg

041809_1500b.jpg

041809_1501a.jpg

041909_1028a.jpg

041709_1225a.jpg

041709_1225b.jpg

Upvote 0
P

pickaway

Way to go :thumbsup: she took you to grad school!!! ;D
Congrats Shelly on a killer find!!!

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who said women can't hunt..lol Nice finds Greg. Tell Shelly excellent find. Congrats to you both.

Molly.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say it is time to carpet the whole house with extra padding.....har har.................My girl out did me last year by finding a fluted slate shield banner. I got the yell from across the field. HONEY I found a stone with a hole through it. I was like ok let me walk over there and see what she found. I could not believe it. It had a couple of nice chips at the hole but mostly there. A great find.....................I think that we men need to just sit back and let the women build our collections.........Ok No scrap that thought...........................

OP
OP
creek astronaut

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
thx for the comments all,she cant stop looking at that axe,get-the-point lol.she hasnt stopped talking about it!her first unbroken find was a 3 1/2 inch woodland blade,beautiful piece,she has a knack for finding some good stuff.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that is some great finds. Those girl friends have all the luck. We were walking down the river one day and she goes" hey here is one of those things in your book",LOL I died it was a drilled hump back white gorget puuurfect. Oh well I am glad she found it at I am sure you are happy for yours. Nice post.
TnMountains

am-ark

Nov 30, 2008
Virginia
Very nice finds... congrats to the g/f...now all you have to do is find something better...lol...good luck!!!! :tard:

P

pickaway

Seeing that ax in person the pics dont do it justice.once again killer find...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions