My goal for the year is 1500 oz Add yours

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goal is 125oz by end of the year, and 350oz and one gold coin find by end of next year.

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to make my 100 oz goal but I'm torn right now if I should sell my 40%ers.

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It's hard to cash in silver LoL. I've wanted to pick up an AR for sometime and if I cashed the 40s in I could buy one.

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I think the big volume guys are low lifes ruining the hobby. You should so what you feel you can do without burdening your bank and wasting a ton of fueling in the process. When it stops being fun and starts being a competition or worse an occupation its time to start reassessing your priorities.

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you guys posting your total stack goals or your yearly accumulation goals?
If it is the latter, then wow!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sheepdog_tx said:
Personally I think the big volume guys are low lifes ruining the hobby. You should so what you feel you can do without burdening your bank and wasting a ton of fueling in the process. When it stops being fun and starts being a competition or worse an occupation its time to start reassessing your priorities.

Do you think they are low life's because they are ruining the hobby or because you can't do their volume & you're jealous? This hobby will eventually end for all of us. Why not get it while the gettin is good? There have been huge volume hunters for years & years & the hobby is still here. As long as we are respectful & know what the banks are ok with, who cares if you do 1 box or 1000 a week???

Back to the subject at hand...
I originally had 500 40%ers as one of my goals for the year, which I passed in May. I have since upped my goals to:

Total silver: 200 oz
40%: 1000
Walkers: 20
Bens: 40
90% Kens: 100
Surpass the $10k silver mark for my stash

If I search 62 more boxes and have average results, I should hit them all. I hope I get there! Good luck to all w/ your goals!

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think they are low life's because they are ruining the hobby or because you can't do their volume & you're jealous? This hobby will eventually end for all of us. Why not get it while the gettin is good? There have been huge volume hunters for years & years & the hobby is still here. As long as we are respectful & know what the banks are ok with, who cares if you do 1 box or 1000 a week???

As I said because theyre ruining the hobby. These are the same guys making tellers collectively work dozens of hours a week just handling thier volume ordering at branches, taking bags, processing, etc. Thier also painting coins, creating a ton of card board and paper trash, wasting alot of fuel (and causing smog) for not much more than a low end job would pay. Why? To sell to kitco for a reduced rate?

I CRH to collect for my child and to supplement what I buy from the LCS weekly but I have a life and a family, thats worth more than a few more stacks of silver a year. If I didnt do the LCS I could easily to the volume of the buy guys but honestly if you look at the above you see its really foolish. I only do the volume I can do with normal bank runs for work and spread my dumps out mostly so no one person gets stuck with a box of crap. I think there is a responsible way to do this is and its not acting like a selfish child hungrily globbing up for fear there won't be a tomorrow. The gettin has not been good for years but unless they cull when MWRing it will be there for awhile unless the big boys finally #%&@ where they eat one too many times and the banks cut us all off.

However if you'd rather spend your time driving to 80 banks a week, burning what little fossil fuels we have trying to screw the banks, the environment, the next guy CRHing, and the collectors who might want to coins you paint over then so be it, you could care less about listening anyway. Not all are like this but those of you know who you are, don't turn away from the ugly side of it.

snakeking162

Greenie
Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my goal is to find a silver coin (im new to this and only 13) been through $200 worth of dimes and quarters haven't found anything.

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Rushfan said:
Totally do it now...! After Nov. 6, who knows...? Then hit the boxes hard while admiring your AR...!

Sounds like a plan. I'm looking at the AR's now. So many good manufactures now. What to go with...humm.

saarit

Aug 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1,000,000 Copper Pennies. I ran into some other conflicts so it is now my 2013 goal.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will allways be coins for every one to search!! We might have to pay a fee? But there will allways be coins for all. If some one burns there banks out they will have to do something else. Sheepdog please stop most of us know what were doing. I did 31 boxes and found 11.3235 oz Great day

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
my goal is to try to be nicer to tellers....but it isn't working yet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions