My Gold and Silver finds since January 2003

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Couple of monthes ago we posted bobbie's silver and gold finds for last couple of years. Since we got the camera last week thought I would post mine tonight as they are going to safety deposit box at bank in am. The first picture is 2003's. second picture is 2004's and last one is finds for this year. What I dont have is pictures of the tons of tinfoil, canslaw,snaps, buttons and tabs that I have dug. All of these finds have come from schoolyards, parks and playgrounds. Having a wife that detects with you definitely has some great advantages
hh
dave+bobbie

Attachments

• DSCF0078.JPG
    DSCF0078.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 309
  • DSCF0080.JPG
    DSCF0080.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 306
  • DSCF0071.JPG
    DSCF0071.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
So, when does the Dave-enc jewelry store open? Geez that's a lot of jewelry. Nice diggin!

F

Floater

Nice haul. Whats your plans for it all? Melt it Save it? Collect and sell it off in pieces.? Pass it on to the kid? HH

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Floater , Bobbie wants to ebay some of the nicer pieces. The gold religious medallions we will save as they always have a special meaning to me, and the rest will evenutally be melted. We want to buy a camper when I cut back at work to 3 days a week that will be in about 10 years. We refer to these finds plus the ones already in bank isthe unofficial retirement fund.
hh
dave+bobbie

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some really nice finds!....You are so blessed to have a hunting partner! I know you have a great time together! ;)

Nana ;)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What else can one say but,WOW,impressive ,im full of awe

CS110

Feb 12, 2005
Very nice collection of jewlery! Like springsman asked, where did most of that come from?

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
cs and springman,
it all came from parks schoolyards and playgrounds. Bobbie and I hunt in roughly a hundred miles in any one direction. So on any given weekend we could be 100 miles south of home detecting, then the next day be70 miles east of home. We both work full time so our detecting time is restricted to weekends only. however what we do is all the house chores during the week and that frees up our weekends for us to ride the roads. Besides being incredibly lucky I attribute our success to a couple of things: 1. Bobbie is very hard core detectorist and whenthe temp i is right it is not uncommon for us to hunt 8-10 spots on sat and usually on sunday we scale back to 5-6. 2. the internet; I can locate schools in every county city in the country, then cross reference to mapfinder to map out our sites. I generally plan our sites a month ahead of time and keep some in reserve in case those fall trhough.
same rule works for larger town and cities parks/playgrounds. You can search for most any city and you can find city web page. Cities reconize the power of the internet, so a lotwill post their recreation departments facilities. They often include pictures so you can see what they offer.
We are now in the summer season, so it will be more shorter hunts ,mostly first am so I always expect our finds to be lower now til september.
If I can be of help to anyone, Ill be happy to
hh
dave+bobbie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread