Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So things have been slowing down with silver coins and places to hunt them lately. My Hunting buddy and I decided to start trying to do a little Gold hunting on some sports fields

I'm not really into jewelry hunting much, but Im also not into hunting places where I get MAYBE 2 good targets a whole day out.

So we met up and hunting the hell out of some football fields...The weather was great, so i didnt mind digging all those pulltabs and can slaw in hopes for some Shiney GOLD!

Sooo, here are my finds...lol

1956 Rosie
1957 Rosie
1900 V Nickel
Silver Ring
Silver Necklace

Its funny how I had no intentions on find silver ANYTHING, yet When I go out specifically to find gold...All I find is Silver..lol

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Dimes.jpg
    Dimes.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 69
  • VNivk.jpg
    VNivk.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Ring.jpg
    Ring.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Cleaned Up.jpg
    Cleaned Up.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 6

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats on the sucessful outing!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I"ll bet you go back! Great outing, congrats on the chain...they don't come out often enough. Thanx for sharing and HH ALL

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I"ll bet you go back! Great outing, congrats on the chain...they don't come out often enough. Thanx for sharing and HH ALL

Yea, that chain actually read up as a solid 54 on my ATP..was suprised to see it

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. I really like that chain. The silver Gods were smiling upon you.

I've been hunting some soccer fields myself lately specifically in search of gold. I've been digging trash like crazy but it did pay off. Got gold and silver and lotsa' nickels.

I don't know about you but I get tired of hunting in the same way for too long. I LOVE finding gold and silver jewelry but I also love old coins, even if they're in bad shape; especially silver (those elusive gold coins would be even better but that hasn't happened yet).

So I like to mix it up to keep things fresh. It seems when I'm happy and excited about a hunt I tend to do better and get more and better surprises.

In your case, you went after gold and found some really nice silver. There's nothing wrong with that at all. You should now set the intention for even more silver and maybe some gold will show up.

Congrats.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread