My halves finds for 5/5/11

MSUCE99

Apr 12, 2011
I had some time yesterday so I hit a lot of banks that I am not normally around. Seems like I was one step behind another hunter all day long though. I dumped $140 of halves at one bank, and asked the teller if she had any others. She gave me a 1988-S (my first S-half), but said that was all they had.

I went to 4 more banks downtown, and four more in another part of town I haven't hunted before, and all I got was 1 $10 roll of clad halves. Each teller said "Somebody just came by (either yesterday or this morning) and bought them all, you just missed them!)

I went by two more banks on my way home that I noticed a week ago. Since they were in a shabby part of town, I had hopes that they were undiscovered. Nope, I was on the phone with KD5TXX when I walked into the first. He said he had hit them before but thinks somebody has them locked down. Well, I got a '67 half out of one (the only half they had), and the other gave me $49 of clad halves.

Total haul for hitting 11 banks yesterday:

Out of $60 TOTAL available from all 11 banks, I got one '67 half and one '88-S. ALINAS (At Least Its Not A Skunk)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread