My Happy Story

RustyNail

Greenie
Sep 26, 2004
In a previous topic (My Sad Story) I told the tale of getting a great buy on eBay for a Tesoro Sand Shark only to have it stop functioning a day after it arrived. Well, folks... true to their stellar reputation, Tesoro fixed this unit good-as-new and charged me a grand total of ... $0.

They are one class act.

I was very up-front with them about the whole thing and offered to pay whatever they deemed fair. I think its pretty darn user-friendly that they didn't take advantage of my offer.

I still don't know what exactly broke. There was a service tag the box that they sent my fixed detector back in. That tag noted several tests they'd conducted and noted that they replaced the R17. Huh? What the heck is an R17? Could be a resister I suppose but it could also be one of those "widgets" that they build magical metal detectors with. ;D

Anyway... all I know is that it now works. I took it out and within an hour scored a .925 women's large ring. Fantastic. My wife has been wearing ever since I brought it in and polished it up. It's really beautiful.

We spent most of yesterday and all of today roaming local beaches and having a great time. Got a few cheap pieces of jewelry and some clad as well as the usual assortment of nails, bottle tops, etc. (plus an enormous rail road spike... nearly blew my ear out when we went over that with the coil).

So, for all of you who had expressed interest in the conclusion of my previous episode, now you know: Tesoro is a terrific company 'cause they make great detectors and, most importantly, they stand by their units forever. Nice to see this sort of integrity in business today.

Upvote 0

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the update RN. I knew they would come through for you. Post some pics of that ring if you get the chance.? And yes that is a resistor.? HH! Chris

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sweet! Next time I'm in the market for a detector, I'll look more closely at them. Thanks for the follow-up. Great finds, too! Thanks

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Yup, Tesoro has GREAT customer relations. I just had to send my new unit back to get checked out. I don't think mine is looking as deep as it should and instead of the usual BS, they just told me to send it in and they would check it out. I bought it new a couple of months ago, so haven't heard back yet, but from all the positive posts about thier service I don't think I will have any problems.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions