MY HEART SKIPPED A BEAT WITH THIS

DINGER

Mar 9, 2011
central new york
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
treasure 160.jpg treasure 001.jpg treasure 002.jpg treasure 004.jpg treasure 009.jpg treasure 2 003.jpg treasure 2 030.jpg treasure 2 028.jpg View attachment 919031 View attachment 918998 hi all. me and fellow t netr parkerdapicker gained permission to detect old homestead of andrew dillenbeck palentine ny now owned by amish family.he didnt know if anybody had done there before.one of my first signal on my dfx said coin, didnt think much of it til i flipped the plug.holy s*#t i said.thought my heart was gonna stop.small wheatie spill 30s to 50s. i knew this gonna be a good day,virgin spot. also 1936 silver dime & chain.heres some pics of days goodies.research does pay off. DINGER

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
crazy find! I want to find one!

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe the color of the silver for one...not black with age... from some other method.
the blue enamel is totally missing...there should be some indication it was enameled...I see nothing.
plus it looks warped...not from ripping it off a uniform, but some heat activity...

so that is why I believe a fire.

OP
OP
D

DINGER

Mar 9, 2011
central new york
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe the color of the silver for one...not black with age... from some other method.
the blue enamel is totally missing...there should be some indication it was enameled...I see nothing.
plus it looks warped...not from ripping it off a uniform, but some heat activity...

so that is why I believe a fire.

hey pippinwhitepaws sorry i havent responded earlier. thanks for your input much apreciated.heres the back story on that piece,it was bent when recovered,straighned it by hand on site,both pins broke off of back,picture shown is after i cleaned with corrosive cleaner(my mistake should not have cleaned it) dont see any enamel either,do you have pics of one with enamel. im interested.this one is a first for me.not to familiar with it.thanks again for any assistance.btw it may have been burnt,dont know for sure.

metalmilitia

May 25, 2014
Central NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 505,Garret at pro,Garrett propointer,Strong will and determination.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt id say.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions