Golden-1

Sep 8, 2013
Bieber Ca
Detector(s) used
my eyes work just fine.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
145.JPG 146.JPG

this is my home made sluice box made out of a plastic rain gutter, expanded metal, some regular carpet with ridge pattern, a nugget catcher made out of the things off of a cooler (not sure what they are called), under that there is some rubber with riffles, and i have main riffles made out of thin aluminum. i have a auto parts washer that i prop it up in and it makes the perfect wash plant NO MESS!8-) so far i have found a few nice flakes and i catch a lot of black sand but i feel i need improvements any ideas or complements would be great. Really need improvement ideas

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Golden-1

Sep 8, 2013
Bieber Ca
Detector(s) used
my eyes work just fine.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was just wondering how things were going? Haven't heard from you in awhile...

going pretty good just been reading a lot about minerals and watching videos and doing some testing along with my studying. to make sure i know what i have when i have it..been collecting quartz also...pretty sure all the collecting of rocks and the studying will pay off in no time and i will have some nice gold to share with yall :)

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Research and learning are our number one tools Golden. It's a LOT easier now with the web and all this sharing of information. Always remain open to learning new tricks and remember to "work smarter, not harder" whenever possible.

OP
OP
G

Golden-1

Sep 8, 2013
Bieber Ca
Detector(s) used
my eyes work just fine.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Research and learning are our number one tools Golden. It's a LOT easier now with the web and all this sharing of information. Always remain open to learning new tricks and remember to "work smarter, not harder" whenever possible.

well i def know the difference between pyrite and gold now lol not gonna make that mistake again. now that the snow is getting ready to fall in my area i have nothing to do but study and learn and build my own prospecting gear by summer time next year i should be a pro :thumbsup:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
That's NOT snow!!! It's frozen California Sunshine!

You've got a good attitude Golden. Using your "down time" to improve your knowledge is always a good thing. My problem here is that it's pretty much a year round thing and I don't have much down time. The heat doesn't bother me all that much as long as I stay hydrated and the cold in the winter I can dress for. 95% of our club doesn't do any prospecting during the summer months due to the heat, but I was out there all summer digging, hauling and sluicing materials. Once the snakes hole up for the winter I'll most likely be camping at the dig site during the week and just coming home on weekends to clean up concentrates built up during the week and restock supplies.

hunterbill

Sep 26, 2012
AK,S.OR,N.Cal
Detector(s) used
MD-20,GMT,Gold Bug pro, Sluice, Dredge, Eyes, ATX, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I throw a couple magnets in the head of my sluice to grab the black sand and keep the riffles working better. Clean off the magnets when they get loaded and save that stuff. Quite a bit of gold stops at the magnet with the black sand. Not that gold is actually magnetic, but just sort of gets sandwiched and held by the stuff around it. Half of the fun with sluicing is tinkering and improving and thinking and re-thinking and messing with different ideas. The hardest part of my learning curve was to finally give in to the 1/4 inch sieve and bucket. Still trying to find a way around pre-classifying. Have fun. Chances are you will never stop improving.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hunterbill all you have to do to avoid classification is to buy/build a Bazooka Goldtrap...easy, high production, no more silliness and fiddling around.

OP
OP
G

Golden-1

Sep 8, 2013
Bieber Ca
Detector(s) used
my eyes work just fine.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
just got a huge piece of quartz that i know has quite a bit of gold in it. gonna start breaking it up and panning it out if i find gold i will share pics with yall...this is my last ditch effort to find gold before it gets to cold to do anything wish me luck yall. have a great day

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet home made sluice, if you found a big piece of quarts with quite a bit of gold in it you may want to have it looked at It could be worth more then it's weight in gold, best of luck

OP
OP
G

Golden-1

Sep 8, 2013
Bieber Ca
Detector(s) used
my eyes work just fine.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG

found these about a week ago nice little pickers. and that ends my season way to cold to be out sluicing time to study 24/7 cant wait till next season i am sure i will have some nice finds to post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread