MY HOME TOWN

G

garbage digger

I'm not sure that it's much help for research, but I wanted to share my home town with you all. It holds a very long and Interesting history and was actually the heart of the California Gold rush.Sadly I wasn't a TH'ER then, but I shall return ;D I spent most of my life in a the small town of Placerville, CA just 9 miles from the gold rush. Here is a little history:Coloma is a former small town in El Dorado County, California, USA (Latitude/Longitude: 38.8000/-120.8892). It is approximately 9 miles northwest of Placerville, California. Coloma is most noted for being the site where James W. Marshall first discovered gold in California, at Sutter's Mill in 1848, leading to the California Gold Rush.
SUTTERS MILL 1851:
SUTTERSMILL1851.jpg

SUTTERS mill:
sutters-mill.jpg

PLACERVILLE 1890:
PVILLE.jpg

PVILLE2.jpg

COLOMA(James Marshalls Cabin mid 1800's:
JAMESMARSHALLSCABIN1.gif

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Pics.

Thanks for Showing them.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I have visited Placerville many times over the past 40yrs.I have relatives in Placerville and some there used to live in Pollock Pines.Beautiful country.Hell of a state,but beautiful.San Francisco was always fun and a gorgeous and interesting city,lots of fun,until the mid 60's,now I wouldn't give a plugged nickle for it.Hopefully they won't destroy the mtns.

M

Mrs. Garbage Digger

Hi Honey, I sure miss those hills. We have to go back soon. Do some digging and see the family! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread