My hunt for the elusive silver...

clad_the_impaler

Jan 27, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotech Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...ended with some silver, but not what you'd think.

I went to Pier 60 in Clearwater (probably one of the busiest beaches I've been to in Florida, at least on this side of the state.) and was flabbergasted at the view and happy I was finally blessed with nice weather.

20160201_183315[1].jpg

Found a lot of can clutter (I'm surprised there aren't more lacerated feet on the beach with all of the slaw I was mining) along with bottle caps and pull tabs. Then.. I struck the motherload! Well, nothing spectacular, but I'm happy I didn't come away empty handed. Nothing special of course, but I know it's out there somewhere just waiting for me!

The greatest part of the day (besides the beautiful sun, frigid water and gorgeous sugary sand) was a German fellow who came up to me and asked, "Sir, what are you do-ink? You find jewelry? You find much money? How does it vork?" I had a great conversation about EMI and how the detector worked (a week ago I would have said magic). I even sounded like I knew what I was talking about. I don't think he understood half of what I said, so I kept it short. I let him try it out (bottle cap, BaM!) and he said danke and wandered away. As I was packing up, a young bull wanders up to me and says, "I wonder if I threw my gold necklace out there if you could find it." I assured him I could. He said, "That thing detects solid gold?" I looked at the shiny crucifix hanging about his neck Mr. T would have been proud of and doubted the veracity of his claim of solid gold, but didn't say anything. He took his necklace off and dropped it, covering it with a layer of sand. (Lordy lord.) I let him try it and it buzzed loudly right away and flashed in the 35-40's. He picked his necklace back up shook the sand off and put it on. "So if it's in the 40's, that means you've found gold?" I said yes, that was obviously high quality stuff he had. He said thanks and went back over to his friend, crowing about his gold necklace.

Yep. That interaction was solid gold.

So I didn't find anything high value but made some memories and met some interesting people. More than worth it.

I'm going to a few public parks tomorrow and try my hand there.

Upvote 5

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread